Hello Everyone! New Here!

Punky84

Chirping
Mar 13, 2024
Sewickley, Pa
I am new to the chicken game. I have 3 chicks. Cinnamon Queen, Jersey Giant, Leghorn.
All ladies are doing Great! I did a lot of research before I got them. Chicken Tok was useful to a point. But the best advice I have read was on here with y'all. Im hoping to have the ladies out in their coop in a couple more weeks. They are 4 weeks now. But my Cinnamon Queen is a little older. But in the long run she does momma the other two. Therefore I named her Mommas!
I have always been a animal lover. I have raised many and cured many that were ill. Right now besides the chicks. We have two fish tanks, a rabbit, two parakeets, and a rescue pitbull whom is a big baby! Surprisingly, he is protective of the baby chicks. Mommas has becked him on the nose and now he is leary of her but still very gentle. I wanted to use up some backyard space, so I was thinking either goats or chickens. My husband convinced me to go with chickens. (obviously) We originally had four chicks but one passed. I think she had something wrong in her brain. Her head would shake and I would stay up at night with her. She ate and drank in the beginning but, she started losing her balance and would cry on and off. I named her Calliope. We did bury her. I was sad, I don't like losing any animal. We took her to the vet and he said she had a defective brain. May have been the result in shipping or incubation. So we kept her comfortable till her last breath. The other three are doing just fine, getting heavier everyday! No pasty butt or other signs of illness, very spry and curious, and perching!

Nice to meet you all!

Back
Top Bottom