*HELP* Yellow/brown "crystals" appeared on hatching egg!

Dragonflyajl

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
I have 9 days left until my eggs are due to hatch (using a brinsea mini advance) and today I noticed that one of the eggs has what looks like little yellowish/brown crystals on one end. Appeared within the last 2 days. This egg is fairly porous. When candled it does not appear to be any different than the other 6. What I'm wondering is if anyone has had experience with this or knows what it is? Will it harm my other eggs and should I remove this egg from my incubator? Thank you.

Remove the egg, it is weeping from a bacterial infection. If left in the incubator, it could contaminate the rest of the hatch.

wait, so thats bad if on the shell? Sorry for sounding stupid. I have gotton that on a few eggs (FRESH) from my old girl. But I ate them.. should I not eat ones that have little bumps?

Thank you...That was what I thought as well. I've just never experienced this before and could not find any info about it online. Just wanted to confirm my suspicions before I tossed it out. I would of hated to toss it out and then find out it would of been fine.

What is on my egg are not really bumps (not part of the shell)...its like a thick liquid that seeps through the pores of the shell and dries. Bumpy shells are quite normal.

ohh ok. I'm sorry I sound so stupid.. I swear I'm putting things on every part of these forums trying to get as much info as I can.. ugg. I'm so sorry. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom