How many eggs minimum daily for a roadside farm stand?

I sold all of my 3-4 month old pullets due to overcrowding, but probably should have kept some for my own egg production. My thinking to correct this for next winter is to hatch some chicks now, or by every April at the latest, so there are some fresh layers that are not molting by November.
Yes and Yes.

Hi, this is an update on the farm stand. Starting with poultry, will add baked goods next week. Will likely close the sides.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

question - would you mind commenting on which of these sign wordings is better?
View attachment 3426994
Your stand is stunning and impressive! Bravo!!
I'd personally like to see cute signs itemizing things for less confusion.

Sorry I did not get byc notification for this thread but have thought of your venture more than a few times wondering how you were doing. Love the updates.
I'm going to look up your stamp. Sounds cool.
For egg cartons can you get your friends and family to save for you? That is how I get my plastic cartons. I also give a discount if they bring or return cartons. So I just keep them going. People are very happy to save and return IME and it keeps them out of the landfill for a little longer too. I have quite the stash even after sharing with other chicken mommas. I did buy a reuse sticker, people seem more than cool with it.
20230309_160157~2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, does anyone have any ideas about how to seal the windows to protect the stand's contents from the weather? Here's a recent pic. It's still not finished, but you can see that the stand does not protect against rain, wind, sun or snow. In fact, the wind blew over a 50-gal cooler with 2 dozen eggs in it :( Here are the options I was thinking about:
- thick clear vinyl strips like in factories
- old recycled windows
- custom cut polycarbonate sheet strips with hinges so a customer can fold open the window like an accordion, and also see the contents from the road
- thick clear shower curtains
Brainstorming appreciated : ) Thank you,

Attachments

• 20230319_073734.jpg
    20230319_073734.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230319_073622.jpg
    20230319_073622.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 3
Can you get ahold of any subzero or restaurant cooler doors?? Ya know,, the cool glass ones??
I like the repurpose windows idea.
You guys are very handy and I am sure you will pull off what ever you get your hands on.

Can you get ahold of any subzero or restaurant cooler doors?? Ya know,, the cool glass ones??
I like the repurpose windows idea.
You guys are very handy and I am sure you will pull off what ever you get your hands on.
How would they open? Sliding parallel to each other, or open outwards?
There are probably doors like this on Facebook Marketplace.

How would they open? Sliding parallel to each other, or open outwards?
There are probably doors like this on Facebook Marketplace.
I think they do both, you would just have to try and source and deal with what, if any, you found. I would hope for a hinge myself but who knows. Not sure where to find, guess you would have to do some footwork. Not sure about your area at all- I know it would be a challenge here. I'd start with dump, asking restaurants (or friends connected with) or Restore, Goodwill etc.

Back
Top Bottom