How much should I be feeding 3 week old chicks

Tiken

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
I have three (3 week old) chicks and I want to know should I not have a feeder with alot of food? I dont want to over feed them but what is a good amount they should be eating a day like how many cups. Thank you! P.S. I have grit and starter FEED.

I don't think they'll need grit at this age (unless you're feeding a ton of treats) I generally free feed all of my chickens, you're feeding chick starter right? I'd just keep a nice full feeder : D
ok I just heard there might be something wrong if they over eat like something can happen in their insides...idk i just want to make sure all is good I do have a hanging treat as well but I only put that in when I get home from work

ok I just heard there might be something wrong if they over eat like something can happen in their insides...idk i just want to make sure all is good I do have a hanging treat as well but I only put that in when I get home from work
What kind of hanging treat?
Don't give them treats now, please. Treats take away from them getting a complete balanced diet (the chick starter feed) that they NEED.

Treats are like giving them candy and chips daily...it's just now a good habit to start.

Back
Top Bottom