How to fix a dislocated hip on my hen.

Hi there, i know this thread is old, but i have a day old chick who i believe either broke or dislocated her pelvis. She got attacked by a cat and so she also has some e scrapes though that isnt to bad at all. What should i do??

Hi there, i know this thread is old, but i have a day old chick who i believe either broke or dislocated her pelvis. She got attacked by a cat and so she also has some e scrapes though that isnt to bad at all. What should i do??
Oh no I’m really sorry about your chick!! You should definitely start your own thread in the emergency section. It will grab people’s attention more if you start your own emergency thread than if you post on someone else’s and that may get you more advice.

Thank you so much. Will do👍
You’re welcome, sorry I’m not more help :( but in the meantime, your chick may need treatment for shock after the attack. Try to get it to drink some electrolyte water or vitamins in some water. Sugar water will work, too. You may have to dip the beak in a bit to get it to drink anything.

Back
Top Bottom