I can't seem to keep a chicken off my deck!

Rhodebar Lover

Brahma Fanatic
9 Years
Apr 5, 2015
Arrington, Tennessee USA
My Rhodebar, Chocolate has developed a new habit of staring at me through our glass sliding door on our deck until I go outside! I have tried giving her treats when she climbs down, but as soon as go inside she climbs back up! Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution that works?

Last edited:
I think that she has you trained. She stares through the glass sliding door, and then you come out and give her a treat. Sounds like a good deal to me. Try squirting her with a Super Soaker water gun instead of giving her a reward.

My Rhodebar, Chocolate has developed a new habit of staring at me through our glass sliding door on our deck until I go outside! I have tried giving her treats when she climbs down, but as soon as go inside she climbs back up! Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution that works?

How many other birds do you have?
Do you have a roo?

How many other birds do you have?
Do you have a roo?

I have thirty other chickens, of which two adult roosters and five are young cockerels, which are immature and don't mess with the hens yet.

I agree with the supersoaker idea! She has you well trained!! She may as well ring the dinner bell!!

You want to break this habit before she teaches the others to line up with her . Have you tried one of those OWL figures the stores sell to keep birds out of their gardens?

Have it stand prominently where she can see it. And/or drape a dark curtain or blanket over the glass doors, so she can't see you at all.

Back
Top Bottom