I got a Fantastic Deal on Ryobi 6 tool kit at Home Depot After Christmas clearance

gtaus

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Mar 29, 2019
Northern Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
Keeping my eye out for any must get bargains post Christmas. My local Home Depot clearance marked down last year's Ryobi 6 tool kit P1819 to $150.00 from $299.00. Here is what the kit looks like.

6890462d-a710-47fd-9e4e-20f883bbfd07_1.670e42497b95aac8c81924093584adc1.jpeg

The new Ryobi 6 tool kit with equivalent tool mix is now $320.00, for comparison. I don't mind buying last year's kit as the new kit was basically the same tools and same specs. Also, I never pay retail for these tools. So, I'm always looking for specials and deals that come around periodically.

OK, so I was able to add on additional discounts and offers. From the clearance price of $150.00, I got an additional 10% Military Discount ($15.00) and I opened another Home Depot Consumer Credit Card account and got another $25.00 for the first purchase.
All in all, I only paid $110.00 plus tax for the entire kit! :wee

For those of you who know the cost of just the batteries, the 4.0Ah battery sells for about $75.00 and the 1.5Ah battery sells for about $50.00 retail. Just the batteries in this kit might be worth $125.00. It's like getting a discount on the new batteries and getting all the other tools for free. :clap

:caf:idunno Well, I suppose you might be wondering if I really needed more tools? What? You can never have too many tools!

More seriously, I bought this kit as a backup to the tools I already have. Every year I try to buy another tool kit with batteries to keep my tool battery stock refreshed. These batteries have a 3 year warranty, but I have some Ryobi batteries that are 8+ years old and still working. They just don't hold a full charge as they get older. Ryobi typically puts kits together with batteries and puts them on sale for less than the price of the batteries alone. I think that is how they get you hooked into their brand. I don't think I have ever paid full retail for Ryobi tools at Home Depot. I play the game, wait for the sales, and then make a purchase.

Thought I would post this info in case anyone is considering buying a tool kit after Christmas. Don't forget to take advantage of any other offers you might get from the stores including that 10% Military Discount and opening a new credit card account for additional $25.00 off first purchase. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom