Illegal to Advertise Nest Run Eggs as "Fresh" or "Local"?

I have some delicious little cockerels in the frig right now! :lau But, we will probably take them out to a touristy place for dinner.
P.S. My cockerels are fresh and local, but I do not advertise them! You have to be on my good side to get given one.
Can I be on your good side?!

I am from a big city and am a very liberal progressive, but I still think that if you're not a vegetarian, then you should kill and clean your own meat at least once in your life. Otherwise I am not sure you can truly appreciate the animal that fed you. You don't have to like it or make it a habit, but I think it is good for us to deepen our appreciation. Many Native Americans had a great appreciation for this and beautiful rituals to show their gratefulness to the animals, but we've lost all that and separated from our own species' deep past. OK, sorry that was wildly off topic :oops:

I am from a big city and am a very liberal progressive, but I still think that if you're not a vegetarian, then you should kill and clean your own meat at least once in your life. Otherwise I am not sure you can truly appreciate the animal that fed you. You don't have to like it or make it a habit, but I think it is good for us to deepen our appreciation. Many Native Americans had a great appreciation for this and beautiful rituals to show their gratefulness to the animals, but we've lost all that and separated from our own species' deep past. OK, sorry that was wildly off topic :oops:
I completely agree that people should be required to process what they eat at least once. I have never met more snobby people from Urban areas over what they scream for and have absolutely no idea what it takes to get to market. I raised quail for almost a year as pretty much my only meat source (unless I went out to dinner or had fish) and it gave me an appreciation I didn't have before. Now if I could just figure out how to grow more than 6 potatos I'd be in heaven.

I completely agree that people should be required to process what they eat at least once. I have never met more snobby people from Urban areas over what they scream for and have absolutely no idea what it takes to get to market. I raised quail for almost a year as pretty much my only meat source (unless I went out to dinner or had fish) and it gave me an appreciation I didn't have before. Now if I could just figure out how to grow more than 6 potatos I'd be in heaven.
Absolutely! I finally decided to move out to the country from an urban area when my landlord said I couldn't replace my hamster that had died. I was a grown-a$$ woman and was only allowed a fish at that point. So we moved and now I have 21 animals and life is amazing. I have zero potatoes though. lol. maybe next year.

...mine would get a math lesson in how much of the world population would need to die before the rest of humanity could eat locally grown organic. *Hint* Its not good for densely populated urban centers *Hint*
Probably why I don't live in dense urban centers. :D

I'm satisfied with my "mostly organic" eggs and produce - my chickens like their organic feed and veggie scraps, and I know what I put in (and more importantly, what I don't put into) my soil, so I feel very safe and comfortable eating it.

As a young child, my girl swore off chicken nuggets, her favorite food until we had chickens. She learned about food before she was 5. She has just gone to Organic, which I understand, but I just can not trust the industrial organic food. A person I know, who grows organic, I would gladly pay those prices.

I was wondering... Anyone know where I can get some egg carton label's that say "Nest Run Egg's" at? Most that are available say "Fresh Egg's" or "Free Range Egg's". I noticed that the AZ. state law say's that if you are not registered and have a license to sell ton's of egg's, that your's must say "Nest Run Egg's", because they haven't been graded.

I was wondering... Anyone know where I can get some egg carton label's that say "Nest Run Egg's" at? Most that are available say "Fresh Egg's" or "Free Range Egg's". I noticed that the AZ. state law say's that if you are not registered and have a license to sell ton's of egg's, that your's must say "Nest Run Egg's", because they haven't been graded.
Your best bet would likely be unlabled cartons, and attaching a printed label of your own made via Word, Pagemaker, etc. Your logo, contact info, "Nest Run Eggs" and a spot to mark a date via pen/marker.

Back
Top Bottom