Is Brinsea Octagon a good incubator?

Overpriced! And I hear their customer service is not all that good. But if you have the means to spend a fortune on it then go for it. I don't have one nor used one before, they seem to be OK but for the price I would not get it. How about an IncuView instead? But if I was you, I'd make it a fun little project (while saving TONS of money) and make a DIY incubator. Prices on incubators are getting ridiculous now due to the Covid-19 scare and how everyone and their grandmas think the only way to survive now is from being self-sufficient.

The Brinsea Octagon is the older model, no longer made.

I LOVE mine and was/is worth every penny. It holds the temp that you set it at impressively rock solid.

I have the Octagon 40.

I had great luck with their customer service.

The turner for the Octagon isn't terribly strong, and after getting it replaced once by the company for free, (super easy to get the replacement) I didn't bother replacing it a second time. The octagon rolls back and forth, so hand turning only takes a second, and I am still thrilled with the incubator.

However, because the incubator rotation setup wasn't the strongest, Brinsea has now switched to a new design... and I have heard mixed reviews... not sure if the new design is worth it.

Yeah. My Magicfly is starting to have iffy hatch rates
I just did the same thing. My Magicfly was starting to have temp issues. It fluctuated a lot even though it was in the same place as last year. I'm hatching more eggs too, and it didn't have enough space. I got a Nurture Right 360, and I have to say, I am way impressed by it. I would reccomend it over any other incubator, and I've heard other members day they're better than Brinseas. I just turned out another 100% hatch rate in mine. It also has a beautifully clear lid so you can see everything. And external water ports, no more opening the lid! It's so nice. It also can fit 22 eggs in the turner.
For some reason this didn't post earlier.

I just did the same thing. My Magicfly was starting to have temp issues. It fluctuated a lot even though it was in the same place as last year. I'm hatching more eggs too, and it didn't have enough space. I got a Nurture Right 360, and I have to say, I am way impressed by it. I would reccomend it over any other incubator, and I've heard other members day they're better than Brinseas. I just turned out another 100% hatch rate in mine. It also has a beautifully clear lid so you can see everything. And external water ports, no more opening the lid! It's so nice. It also can fit 22 eggs in the turner.
For some reason this didn't post earlier.
How well does it hold a steady temp when the house temps fluctuate?

Back
Top Bottom