Is it possible? HELP!

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Is it possible for a chick to start cheeping when it hasnt even pipped or brocken the egg? Or must it have brocken some of the egg for me to be able to hear it cheep. The reason why I am asking is because, I keep hearing one of my egg chirping!, I not exactly sure which agg but there are no sighs of pip. Maybe it piped on the part of the egg thats sitting on the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is possible to hear them chirp before they crack the shell. It won't be long!!!
yippiechickie.gif

jackie

Silkelovr, yes, it is possible. I've read about that happening with chicks still in the egg, about to hatch, and have experienced it with parakeets and finches when I used to breed them. I'd be concerned if it went on too long without seeing any evidence that the chick is starting to chip away at the shell. (How close to expected hatch date is this egg?) In that case, you may have to give it some (very careful) help. I had had to do this with finch eggs before. Good luck!

I will I help it, if it hasnt even piped The chick is chirping alot and the egg is wiggle but im afraid it will run out of air what should I do?

If you must help it take a tack or pin and push a little hole in the top where the air cell is, that way it will have air. And than just let it be. If theres no improvemnt by tonight than I would help a little.

Sorry, just saw your new post. Yes, like Katelyn said puncture the air hole with a pin. If I can remember, if you do need to help it out, I VERY carefully started a tiny hole with a blunt safety pin or other fine tip that's not too sharp in the middle of the egg, mid way from tip to blunt end of egg. Then very carefully without pushing pieces into chick work away at tiny bits in a circle around the egg's circumference, as how it would hatch, eventually leaving 2 shell halves. The chick's body may be stuck to shell, so use a bit of warm water to loosesn. It has been 20 years since i did this as a teenager, but this is how i remembered having done it . good luck

Explained it pretty wel, but it must not be coming through to me what if I take the pin and do that and punture the membrane, the guy has been chirping for about 3 hours, Im afraid he will not pip, I took the egg out and think I heard him taping at the egg, I think he might not be strong enought to get the egg open as it is a very large and hard egg.

Back
Top Bottom