ISA Brown age?

kuulgrl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 9, 2013
Central Michigan
These three ladies haven't started laying yet. According to who we bought them from they should be about 27-30 weeks old. I'm thinking they are way younger than that and I'm going to be waiting till spring. Good thing the other 3 are laying everyday. LOL

Here's a close up of one. I'll add more in replies if needed. What do ya'll think?

That's what I thought too. They felt very little compared to the 3 reds that are laying. ;-)

One of them might start soon, her comb has gotten bigger and brighter since we got them. Just not red yet. Will they start laying with how cold it is (central michigan), or will they just hold off till spring? I'm not heating or lighting the coop.

The seller was super nice, but he just let them run wild on the property, so I don't think he even knew what he had. LOL I'm glad they were so healthy with the lack of attention.

Not sure, time will tell. I can say that my 6 mixed reds are still producing 5-6 eggs / day, even with the shorter daylight hours and colder temps here in Ma, and I do not use artificial light or heat in my setup. Good luck.

I was sold two ISA Browns and told they were around 21 weeks. That was 8 weeks ago. No eggs nor is the comb and wattle red. The comb and wattle are just now getting more color. My 12 week old dominique has a more red comb and waddle. I'm thinking they were around 10 or 12 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom