Ivermectin pour on

mamaregister4

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2019
I've treated my chickens with ivermectin pour on for a few years. I now have quite a few more chickens. Was wondering if I can use the pour on as a water dosage and if so what is the dosage ratio?

Thanks!!!

I've treated my chickens with ivermectin pour on for a few years. I now have quite a few more chickens. Was wondering if I can use the pour on as a water dosage and if so what is the dosage ratio?

Thanks!!!
Could you send a photo or link of the product you are using? The answer will depend on the formulation you are using.

Could you send a photo or link of the product you are using? The answer will depend on the formulation you are using.

I have this plus a larger bottle but it's the same stuff.
PXL_20211214_214617819.jpg

No. Ivermectin Pour On cannot be mixed in water. It will make the product ineffective.

I stopped using Ivermectin Pour On years ago. From personal experience, it was ineffective eliminating large roundworms, most likely due to its overuse treating mites causing worm resistance to the product. You'd be better off using a benzimidazole ie; Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer.
Not to mention that Ivermectin products have a long egg withdrawal period.

Also, putting wormers in water for birds to drink is a guessing game. You dont know if your birds will drink enough of it to be effective, or if they drink it at all. Birds drink less in cool or cold temperatures.
It's always best to give wormers orally to each bird, that way you know they got properly wormed and no guesswork about it.

What a strange box.
It says 5 mg per mL
Net contents 250 mL (8.5 fl oz)

All of my ivermectins I buy in Peru the box says Ivermectin 1% or Ivermectin 2% and the dose is super low.

Ivermectin works at a very very small dose, so your Ivermectin is 5x stronger at 5% than what I can buy. And for a chicken a dose is measured in drops.

So you would dilute it quite a lot to dose 1 chicken with a couple drops. And Ivermectin is really hard to mix with water depending what the other 95% of the liquid is too.

It becomes more and more mpossible to administer this medicine the higher the volume of water due to the ridiculously small dosage ivermectin needs. I mix it in 10mL syringes and it doesnt mix well at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-210201_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-210201_Gallery.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20211214-210217_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-210217_Gallery.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 13
What a strange box.
It says 5 mg per mL
Net contents 250 mL (8.5 fl oz)

All of my ivermectins I buy in Peru the box says Ivermectin 1% or Ivermectin 2% and the dose is super low.

Ivermectin works at a very very small dose, so your Ivermectin is 5x stronger at 5% than what I can buy. And for a chicken a dose is measured in drops.

So you would dilute it quite a lot to dose 1 chicken with a couple drops. And Ivermectin is really hard to mix with water depending what the other 95% of the liquid is too.

It becomes more and more mpossible to administer this medicine the higher the volume of water due to the ridiculously small dosage ivermectin needs. I mix it in 10mL syringes and it doesnt mix well at all.
Hi, Banana01
It is .5%, not 5 %. So it is actually much weaker than what you have available there.

Back
Top Bottom