LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Thank you! I'm so happy I got my hands on these. I've been searching for them everywhere, and they're pretty hard to find. After lithops, astrophytum are my favourite genus, and then gymnocalycium, but mostly the variegated ones
Those plants really look rare, but that makes keeping them so much fun!

Those plants really look rare, but that makes keeping them so much fun!

Indeed! Don't know how rare they are in the US, but over here I can't find them anywhere but the plant expo. Lithops, astrophytum and gymnocalycium will be what I keep adding to my collection, I think. Maybe an odd one out here and there

My research tells me that these guys are more temperamental, but I'm up for the challenge

@fluffycrow

Picture time! :p

So you may remember how they looked upon receiving, rough, tired and in the 2" black plastic pots...
IMG_20240415_095906606.jpg

Here they are repotted and living outside, they love it!

Golden Moss... (This plant is growing like crazy, he's in a 4.25" pot loves direct sun)
IMG_20240518_065523460.jpg

Bear Paws... (3" pot, lots of offshoots, shade lover)
IMG_20240518_065550663.jpg

Monathes Polyphlla....(2" pot, slow grower but doing well, loves shade)
IMG_20240518_065009158.jpg

String of Pearls....( Very delicate plant and I'm still trying to find the exact light it needs, its a shade lover, but its growing fast, lots of offshoots!)
IMG_20240518_065536159.jpg

Sedum Variegated.....(3" pot, slow grower but doing well! Loves the direct sun.)
IMG_20240518_065657535_HDR.jpg

Some new additions as of last week, :p ....

Chalk plant in a 4.25" pot
IMG_20240518_065225915.jpg

California Sunset in a 4.25" pot ...
IMG_20240518_065149839.jpg

My regular cactus are doing well too, I am loving my Barrel cactus and I think my old man cactus has grown an inch already! At the end of summer I will get measurements and photos of all of them.

Indeed! Don't know how rare they are in the US, but over here I can't find them anywhere but the plant expo. Lithops, astrophytum and gymnocalycium will be what I keep adding to my collection, I think. Maybe an odd one out here and there

My research tells me that these guys are more temperamental, but I'm up for the challenge
I think they are considered rare although its so rural out here, everything is rare. 🤣 I still would like to try Lithops but I would have to order them in line. And yes, these odd succulents are temperamental, I am learning fast these guys are fussy!

@fluffycrow

Picture time! :p

So you may remember how they looked upon receiving, rough, tired and in the 2" black plastic pots...
View attachment 3835959

Here they are repotted and living outside, they love it!

Golden Moss... (This plant is growing like crazy, he's in a 4.25" pot loves direct sun)
View attachment 3835962

Bear Paws... (3" pot, lots of offshoots, shade lover)
View attachment 3835965

Monathes Polyphlla....(2" pot, slow grower but doing well, loves shade)
View attachment 3835966

String of Pearls....( Very delicate plant and I'm still trying to find the exact light it needs, its a shade lover, but its growing fast, lots of offshoots!)
View attachment 3835968

Sedum Variegated.....(3" pot, slow grower but doing well! Loves the direct sun.)
View attachment 3835969

Some new additions as of last week, :p ....

Chalk plant in a 4.25" pot
View attachment 3835970

California Sunset in a 4.25" pot ...
View attachment 3835971

My regular cactus are doing well too, I am loving my Barrel cactus and I think my old man cactus has grown an inch already! At the end of summer I will get measurements and photos of all of them.

They're all looking fabulous! Those pots will last them awhile! Especially the sedum and the golden moss, WOW what a transformation!

Back
Top Bottom