LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

For cacti, mammillaria are a good genus to look into, and as for non-cacti succulents, haworthia and some echeveria are excellent

*gasp* how dare you! Lithops are simply the best!
I do have a small soft spot for them, but these would be for college, And I do not want to creep anybody out.

That explains the name! Not if it'll need repotting next spring, it might. Also not sure if it's a deep rooter or a shallow rooter, judging by its looks, probably the latter. That might mean that it doesn't utilise the bottom levels of soil as much
When I transplanted it, there wasn't a big root ball, you are correct, its probably a shallow grower. They say the Monathes plant can grow in an inch of soil, it had no roots at all at transplanting!

They grow in Namibian deserts, if I'm not mistaken, so those have high heat in the

day and cold temperatures at night. They're not very picky about temperature. It's sunlight they enjoy. The more, the better
I may give them a try. We sure got sun, too much sometimes!

When I transplanted it, there wasn't a big root ball, you are correct, its probably a shallow grower. They say the Monathes plant can grow in an inch of soil, it had no roots at all at transplanting!

I may give them a try. We sure got sun, too much sometimes!

Ah, yes. Some succulents are very bad at rooting! I bet monathes are very rare

Great! Then lithops might love it!

I forgot about this plant, I've had him for about a month. His buds were tiny and closed, but is now blooming! Its a Sedum October Daphne. Loves the sun...

IMG_20240518_070015089_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom