Mille fleur silkie project

Chikyboy

Bantam Cochin Collector
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
I LOVE sikies, and I want to add some new varieties to them. Some of them will be really hard, and color patterns on silkies don't really look good, such as lacing, due to there feather type. But I still want to make them anyway. So if I understand correctly, you need at least 3 color varieties to make a mille fleur chicken. Mottled, columbian, and partridge. These colors are all existent in silkies, one is fairly common (partridge), one is rare (columbian), and one that is rare and still a project (mottled). I am not sure what breeding order to do this in, but I think mille fleur silkies would be cool! @MysteryChicken

I LOVE sikies, and I want to add some new varieties to them. Some of them will be really hard, and color patterns on silkies don't really look good, such as lacing, due to there feather type. But I still want to make them anyway. So if I understand correctly, you need at least 3 color varieties to make a mille fleur chicken. Mottled, columbian, and partridge. These colors are all existent in silkies, one is fairly common (partridge), one is rare (columbian), and one that is rare and still a project (mottled). I am not sure what breeding order to do this in, but I think mille fleur silkies would be cool! @MysteryChicken
You can cheat by using Mille Fleur D'uccles. They're Gold, Columbian Mottled.

You can experiment using Buff, Black, or Dominant white Silkies, & breeding them to the D'uccles.

Here's a Generation 1, Porcelain D'uccle X White Silkie hen. My whites are split for lavender.
20201220_152952.jpg
20201220_152954.jpg

Just remember mottling is recessive, it won't show in the first generation.

You can cheat by using Mille Fleur D'uccles. They're Gold, Columbian Mottled.

You can experiment using Buff, Black, or Dominant white Silkies, & breeding them to the D'uccles.

Here's a Generation 1, Porcelain D'uccle X White Silkie hen. My whites are split for lavender.
View attachment 2946550View attachment 2946552
Just remember mottling is recessive, it won't show in the first generation.
Yes, I know mottling is recessive, and pretty girls!

Back
Top Bottom