More MicešŸ˜­

MamaPoult

šŸŽ¶I'll build a boat, so let it rainšŸŽ¶
Premium Feather Member
Jan 20, 2024
The Woods AK
Hey all I really need your help! So I keep all of my animal feed and hay in my shed. I've seen mice in there before eating my grain so I set out the old-fashioned Victor mouse traps. So far I have caught 6 but they keep persisting. I'm so on edge everytime I go in there that 1 is going to jump out at me I hate going in there now! I know it sounds dumbšŸ˜‚. So my question is, is there anything other than traps I can do? Like any sort of trick?? Kind of like how you can hang a plastic bag or CD out to deter birds???? I really need help it's getting super annoying. Thank you all in advance!

I have 2 house cats and 2 barn cats. The indoor cats used to catch up to 8 mice a day. Now they catch about 1 a week because they have killed all of them. Also they are not really house cats because they have access to the whole farm but they seem to like the house (they were raised inside the house). The outdoor cats take care of voles and rats. And the odd rabbit

If you like cats....get a kitten and raise it in that shed. Just make sure it has access to a litter box or the outdoors. My cat CleCle keeps mice out of my brooder room and does a swell job. Guineas are also quite vicious when it comes to rodents.
I have 2 house cats and 2 barn cats. The indoor cats used to catch up to 8 mice a day. Now they catch about 1 a week because they have killed all of them. Also they are not really house cats because they have access to the whole farm but they seem to like the house (they were raised inside the house). The outdoor cats take care of voles and rats. And the odd rabbit
There is many 5 gallon bucket traps that catch mice in numbers, I made mine but are options you can buy. 3 to 4" of water in the bucket the mice fall in and drown. I've had 3 in the bucket 1 morning.
Hey, thank you all for the response!! I'l look into it for sure! Thanks again I cought number 7 this morningšŸ¤£

There is many 5 gallon bucket traps that catch mice in numbers, I made mine but are options you can buy. 3 to 4" of water in the bucket the mice fall in and drown. I've had 3 in the bucket 1 morning.
The bucket traps are awesome. You put a little peanut butter and maybe some feed stuck to the peanut butter. Thereā€™s no need to reset the trap and the bait lasts for a while because the mice just slide right past it.

You do want to be diligent with emptying it though or else it gets disgusting

We caught 24 mice in two nights using homemade 5 gallon bucket traps. We have now received some products from Rinne Traps. The ā€œDizzy Dunkerā€ and the ā€œFlip and Slideā€. Both are very effective and EASY to use. Been messing with these mice for 5 nights now. We have thinned them down considerably.

Also ā€¦ the hens ate well the first two mornings. Nowā€¦ they seem to have lost interest in eating mice :rolleyes: We just drive them 5 miles down the road and release them. EDIT - We release the miceā€¦ not the hens. LOL.

Thatā€™s the last time we use hay in the chicken run. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom