AnnieS76

Hatching
Jun 22, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? when I was a young girl we raised chickens, every year we would get approximately 300 new babies. We sold the extra eggs to the local grocery store.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have just recently moved to a property that is approximately 7 acres, my plan is to get chickens and guinea hens in the near future.

(3) What breeds do you have? I have not decided on a breed, we had Rhode Island Reds when I was a young girl

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love the fact that they will provide me with entertainment and eggs. I also want to have guinea hens which will help control the bugs(fleas and ticks, etc) I am looking forward to being the country girl I once was.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I quilt, knit, crochet, garden, am a Amateur radio operator, like to build and create. I also love to bake and make bread. Trying new recipes, but never really follow them is part of who I am.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 1 grandson, 2 fur babies(3/4 shih tzu, 1/4 schnauzer) and hope to add to this soon

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I googled guinea hens and found a great article on them. When are started looking for plans to build a coop, I found your awesome website. Thank you for letting me join.

Welcome, Annie!

I have a mixed flock and love the variety of their colors and other traits. Also got to love the multicolored eggs!

An upscale grocery store in my area has begun selling multicolor eggs in clear cartons. People are discovering and embracing the fact that there are more possibilities than white and brown.

So, welcome and I'm sure you will come to enjoy the good company and excellent information available here. And, since you already sound like an expert of sorts, I know we'll learn from you as well.

Back
Top Bottom