• Total voters
Pics

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
I thought I'd start a new chat thread for OEGBs (Old English Game bantams). I love chatting about these spunky little birds!

Here are a couple pictures of Enna and Finn, my Spangled OEGB pair.
IMG_20191122_133841.jpg 20191227_124953.jpg

We have a young pair of self blue after losing our amazing roo a few months ago. We have two bbr hens, one side hen, a splash hen, porcelain pullet, white laced buff pullet, a possible red Pyle cockrel, have 8 in the brooder and just got a pair of silver blues. We lucked out on them. They were in an auction so we took a chance. They are very healthy, very friendly and have obviously been handled a lot. Now if the Serama cockrel would stop trying to fight him through the quarantine pen all would be well.
20200428_182421.jpg

OEGBs are my most favourite chickens. They are so adorable.

We have 2 girls who are 6 years old, a black tailed wheaten and a silver duckwing, and we have 2 that are almost 12 weeks old, a partridge (BBR) pullet and the most gorgeous little cockerel who I think is a golden duckwing. They are the tamest pair of chickens ever and are very patient with the kids picking them up and patting them. They are still living inside while another 2 large breed chicks grow up so that there will be 4 new faces in my coop, rather than just 2 little tiddlers.

Fox
Fox.jpg

and Squeaks with my son
Squeaks and Joseph.jpg

We haven't seen the sun much recently, but I can't wait to get Fox out in the sun to see all his beautiful iridescent feathers.

Hello OEGB lovers! I just wanted to find out the norm for these awesome birds. I have 3 OEGB pullets that hatched in mid March 2020,so they're 5 and a half months old. They all started laying about a month and a half ago. I've been very surprised and pleased at the amount of eggs they're laying. My question is about broodiness. I know they do tend to go broody often, but when does this normally start? My pullet that was the first to lay, out of these 3, is already broody! They're not quite five and a half months old, so basically she went broody at five months old. I wasn't expecting this, but this breed is new to me. She is soooooooooo grumpy to the other girls, especially to the little Pyncheon pullet that's the same age in her flock. She's still a sweetheart to me, but I wouldn't fault her if she got grumpy with me. Thank you for any knowledge you can share. My silkie didn't go broody until she was 9 months old, so I was only going by her. I know she's a different breed though.

Back
Top Bottom