Roo squeaking - something might still be stuck in crop?

Jiodi

Chirping
Jun 4, 2022
He will start squeaking like this when eating or crowing. I looked in his mouth and cant see anything immediate, but he seems to be wheezing and squeaking more and more. Is there any way to triage this without going to a vet? We can't really afford an emergency vet right now :(

He will start squeaking like this when eating or crowing. I looked in his mouth and cant see anything immediate, but he seems to be wheezing and squeaking more and more. Is there any way to triage this without going to a vet? We can't really afford an emergency vet right now :(

Is his crop hard? or squishy?

Your initial post was November 19. Is he still sneezing/coughing the same now as then - has it been ongoing this long or did it resolve?
Well it's off and on and been like that since early summer. We cut a string out of his mouth then but we arent sure if whatever it was attached to is still there.

Well it's off and on and been like that since early summer. We cut a string out of his mouth then but we arent sure if whatever it was attached to is still there.
Oh somehow, I missed your mention of finding a string inside his beak.
If that's the cause and it's been this long, likely there's nothing you can do but monitor him.

Back
Top Bottom