RossBantams

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2024
Hello all! Here is my introduction.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not new to chickens, but I am still new-ish to ducks. I got my first chickens back in 2014. I started with a pair of Old English Game bantams. I then started showing birds. Once I went to college, I had to get rid of my chickens. But now that I am out of college, I have started showing and raising birds again. I have even started my own small hatchery.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 6 chickens and 7 ducks.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Call ducks (white and pastel), old english game bantams, and partridge Wyandotte bantams

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Watching all of the hard work pay off. I also love just watching the call ducks play in their water :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Other hobbies? I don't have time between taking care of chickens and ducks and showing them lol

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a first generation "farmer". No one else in my immediate family knows anything about chickens and they don't really care to. I went to school for Agriculture Science.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I used to have an account when I first started out raising chickens, but I can't get into that account. I wanted to start fresh anyway :) I am hoping to be of help to others and receive help from others.

Back
Top Bottom