Sablepoot bantams??????????

gobblygoo

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
What's the deal with Sablepoot bantams here in the US? I keep seeing these beautiful Lemon Mille Fleur bantams on the net and no matter what they are all from the UK. Do we call them something different here in the states? I know about the D'uccles but the Sablepoots seem to be a bit different ( not bearded?) I feel a bit ignorant about these guys and thought somebody on here would know the scoop on them.

Hi, I have one her name is Cookie;

8A2B38CD-299C-4DD2-BA41-0E1C9A3F4A24-609-000000401D095287.jpg

FF14A08F-3C4F-46A0-A68A-FA097BF260A5-621-0000005894CCBA51.jpg

If you would like to know anything please let me know.

Are they common in the UK? I would love to see if there are any in the US, but if not, I might (when I have an extra $500 or so) be interested in importing some eggs.

To be honest I can't give you much info past temperament and stuff like that.

They are sometimes known as Booted Bantams. Maybe try searching that?

Maybe I will be better equipped to answer later on in the year but, apart from spending an hour a day with my chickens, I'm still only almost at one month of having chickens you see.

:)

iv just hatched 1 and cant wait to see it grown. Im from uk and there seems to be plenty of them around. porcelain,lemon,gold, white, milflour etc. they are known as booted bantams along with many other breeds like pekins etc i think but seem to lay a decent egg (only as from where it came from)!! if i learn any more i shall let you know!! ;)

I have a pair. They came with my D'uccle babies. They are MillieFluer in color. At this time, Winter, Poot and his Missus are in with Milton and his harem but I plan to seperate them come Spring. If they breed true, as I have no idea how they came to be, I can ship eggs from Alaka.

Back
Top Bottom