Sacrificing Chickens-The truth

My best friend is a Chinese minority (Min) and I get silkie hens for her and her mother for sacrficie and for elder worship. They sacrifice the childken and then offer it on their family altar then they eat it. Seems fair to me.

Thank you for sharing the glimpse into your culture. I've never known any Hmong people and I enjoyed your stories.
smile.png

I appreciate you sharing your beliefs and customs.

The issue of animal sacrifice for is a sensitive one, though, as I am atheist. THe thought of sacrificing a dog is especially repugnant, and I can't think of any city that wouldn't prosecute this as animal cruelty.

Quote:
"Animal cruelty" is a far cry from dispatching or slaughtering a chicken. Let's not take this thread down with inflammatory comments - it's very informative, and an interesting persepctive for us all. Try to be open to others' beliefs; if you disagree or find you cannot, simply move on. Thanks!

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. There is a family of asian descent that comes to our swap every month and buys up most of the roosters within a few minutes of the swap opening. I assumed they ate them, but hadn't thought of the sacrifice and offering aspect before.

Quote:
+1

And as a diverse board, we also must remember we do have members from other countries. Not everyone on here lives in the USA.

+2

And our customs are just as odd to them as theirs are to us. My aunt is a ESL teacher and one of the students she was tutoring from China observed aloud one day shortly after he had arrived "Here you love your dogs. In China we eat them." Out of the mouthes of babes.
smile.png

I thank you for providing a new perspective and also for providing the pronunciation to certain terms.
In my little world any chance of expansion is more than welcome.

Back
Top Bottom