Sally's GF3 thread

This is just a little FYI. about snapping turtles. Learned it from a Naturalist, at a Nature center. She also demonstrated the method.
Only safe way to pick up a snapping turtle is by his tail. Anywhere else,,,,, and the neck and head can reach your hand.
Lets just say one thing,,,, I never chose to pick any up since. :old
Their jaw strength is extreme.
The small one she was holding upside down by tail,,,, she said could snap a pencil in half with no problem.
I have another story,,, but Ill save it for another time.:thumbsup
Old wives tale is that once they bite you they won't turn loose until it thunders.

I mostly see box turtles here but do see snappers sometimes. I scoop them up with a wide flat shovel and release them near a canal. Not touching those guys! Yes they get big.
A few years ago I had a small one in my little pond. I scooped it up with a fisherman's net, rehomed it a couple miles away.

My neighbor with heart failure went to Cleveland Clinic. She told the doc that she has been feeling better, and what she's doing differently:

Massage
Acupuncture
Diet

The doc couldn't have cared less, she said. He was all about drugs.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in that doc, and that colors what I think about the clinic. My neighbor said he didn't even ask any questions, wasn't interested, didn't seem to care that she has been feeling better since she's been doing these things.

My neighbor with heart failure went to Cleveland Clinic. She told the doc that she has been feeling better, and what she's doing differently:

Massage
Acupuncture
Diet

The doc couldn't have cared less, she said. He was all about drugs.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in that doc, and that colors what I think about the clinic. My neighbor said he didn't even ask any questions, wasn't interested, didn't seem to care that she has been feeling better since she's been doing these things.
Sounds like that doctor's not a far cry from the drug pushers on the corner.

A friend of mine said her GP doc has changed over the years. He used to listen, and now he -- "like all of them" -- is all about pills, pills, pills.

She said a friend of hers had to change docs when hers retired. Her new doc asked why she was on a certain med. Her old doc had her on it. New doc said, "You don't need that one at all."

I told her our is not "all about the pills"; we have told him that we don't want to be on pills, and he is fine with that. Hubby is on one prescription that he has to be on for the rest of his life, but that's it. Any other pills we take are supplements, and we have told him that's the way we want it. He agrees.

I told my friend to change doctors, but she doesn't want to spend the $$$ to find a new doc, doesn't want to drive the distance to our doc.
:confused:

A friend of mine said her GP doc has changed over the years. He used to listen, and now he -- "like all of them" -- is all about pills, pills, pills.

She said a friend of hers had to change docs when hers retired. Her new doc asked why she was on a certain med. Her old doc had her on it. New doc said, "You don't need that one at all."

I told her our is not "all about the pills"; we have told him that we don't want to be on pills, and he is fine with that. Hubby is on one prescription that he has to be on for the rest of his life, but that's it. Any other pills we take are supplements, and we have told him that's the way we want it. He agrees.

I told my friend to change doctors, but she doesn't want to spend the $$$ to find a new doc, doesn't want to drive the distance to our doc.
:confused:

Sadly I think these things happen everywhere. I've seen some of the same issues too.

For a while now DH and I have been seeing the same Dr or her associate. We have to drive 1 1/2 hrs one way. It is a rural coastal community and both Dr are from there and plan to stay. Best thing is they listen!

A couple years ago I had to go to the local ER for a brown recluse spider bite. It was necrotic. The pain was so bad I could not wait till Monday. My hand looked like it was melting away.

The triage nurse asked why my reg Dr was so far away. Told me I needed a Dr closer than that. She proceeded to almost scold me about using a Dr in another county.

I spoke up and said it is not your choice. I will not go back there.

Back
Top Bottom