Score: Rooster, 1 -- Water Jug, 0

Callender Girl

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 18, 2018
North Central Iowa
Billy Boy, my jerky Blue Cochin Bantam rooster, is good with his hens but has a nasty habit of launching sneak attacks on me.

As I was walking down the driveway a few days ago, I became aware of a tiny presence racing up behind me. I turned and tossed an empty plastic water jug in its direction. The missile landed close by, but didn't hit the little man.

Nonetheless, with hackle feathers fully raised, he unleashed his pent-up fury on the hapless jug. Billy flogged it mercilessly, his feet flying almost as fast as his tiny wings, which he was flapping with full force. His repeated attacks moved the jug a good 20 feet. When the battle was over, Billy proudly marched back to his hens, and the muddied and dented jug was motionless on the ground.

Funny as it was to watch, I hope his victory does not encourage him to go full-fledged-rooster crazy on anything -- or anyone -- else.

Well thank the Lord you had the water jug, so he didn't attack you. He sounds like a tough little dude. I would hate for him to go after you the way he did that water jug. And I am afraid, like you, that he thinks he killed the dangerous rouge water bottle. And now has his testosterone up and thinks he can go after anything he wants. Good luck with him, at least he is a good protector for your hens.

Billy Boy, my jerky Blue Cochin Bantam rooster, is good with his hens but has a nasty habit of launching sneak attacks on me.

As I was walking down the driveway a few days ago, I became aware of a tiny presence racing up behind me. I turned and tossed an empty plastic water jug in its direction. The missile landed close by, but didn't hit the little man.

Nonetheless, with hackle feathers fully raised, he unleashed his pent-up fury on the hapless jug. Billy flogged it mercilessly, his feet flying almost as fast as his tiny wings, which he was flapping with full force. His repeated attacks moved the jug a good 20 feet. When the battle was over, Billy proudly marched back to his hens, and the muddied and dented jug was motionless on the ground.

Funny as it was to watch, I hope his victory does not encourage him to go full-fledged-rooster crazy on anything -- or anyone -- else.
That's the kind of stuff you wish you could get on video!! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom