should I trust my incubator or a hygrometer?

bobwhitequail1

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2017
Should I trust my incubator or a hygrometer? I have a little giant incubator and the digital screen says that the incubator is 100.5 with 55% humidity which should be perfect for bobwhite quail eggs but my vicks hygrometer says the relitive humidity is only 15% and temp is 97 degrees...

Should I trust my incubator or a hygrometer? I have a little giant incubator and the digital screen says that the incubator is 100.5 with 55% humidity which should be perfect for bobwhite quail eggs but my vicks hygrometer says the relitive humidity is only 15% and temp is 97 degrees...
If its a incubator like Tractor Supply sells---with the built in meter----I would not trust neither readings. But if your Vicks hygrometer is reading 15% and you got any water in the incubator at all-----I would Not trust it either. There is a "test" you can do to check out the hygrometer----you will have to search for it.

You might inquire on the hatching threads - what hygrometer/thermometer they find to be most accurate. There should be some articles on calibrating them. You might try using the search box.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best

CT

Back
Top Bottom