Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
So both times I have decided to build a coop the price for wood was sky high so the first one we broke the pallets down, which was a chore but those pallets were free. The second is a Lowe's 10x13 metal shed and as expensive as they are was cheaper than wood at the time. The pallets used there were 2$ a piece at our local small town hardware store The only thing is the metal building heats up so I added fans and designed it so I could leave the doors open and added gable vents on both ends. I also have electric poutry netting around my chicken area and hardware cloth on outside openings.
I have a metal shed (far left of photo) just collecting spiders, ants and wasps. It has an amazing floor and foundation as well as shelves. I have thought of taking it out and having a wood one built in it's place. I worry about the HOT oven it would be in the summer. It's just me so I would have to hire out the conversion. But oh, how nice it would be for winter.

Attachments

• 288985588_752630299088793_4689709336357287729_n.jpg
    288985588_752630299088793_4689709336357287729_n.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 5
⚠️ Warning: Amazon reviews. ⚠️ I pretty much take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt these days. I have a nephew who just graduated from High School last year, and he got some job writing positive reviews for products on Amazon. The reseller company (not Amazon) tells/suggests them what words to use in their reviews and then he gets paid for writing up short 5 star reviews on items he has never seen or used. I cannot agree with that practice. :tongue

I believe there are many businesses that do this. This makes reviews everywhere not trustworthy.

I am quite proud to say the pallet shed has survived a tropical storm! We had wind gusts up to 90mph with tons of rain, and the shed did not budge or leak except for a single loose screw on the roof. I was concerned the gaps between the overlapping boards would allow water to seep in but even the open knot holes were dry. This storm was really a worst-case scenario for this area so I'm very happy with the shed, although I'll have to hold judgement until we get our second worst-case scenario - a heavy snowfall.

After the storm everything was soaked for days, so instead of building doors we finished the pallet fence around the shed - this will hide our eyesore collection of building materials. Everything is pretty dry today, so I'm hoping to get started on the doors.
We had a couple of really significant storms this year with dangerously high winds. The coop withstood it all.

Now, like you, I'm just waiting to see how it goes with the snow

I believe there are many businesses that do this. [fake positive reviews for their products] This makes reviews everywhere not trustworthy.

Maybe, but I suspect a company is not going to spend their money for fake positive reviews on small websites with little traffic. There is a lot of profit to be made on an Amazon review, in comparison.

I used to read all the reviews on tools at Home Depot. But, like Amazon, I'm seeing more and more what I consider to be fake reviews there, too. It's a shame. I would prefer to hear honest reviews, good or bad, and have confidence in that person's opinion. But I don't anymore. Home Depot has lots of reviews submitted as part of a SweepStakes or other Promotion scheme. I have never seen a negative review as part of those reviews.

I talked about making a pallet wood stand for my misc. hammers days ago. Today, I took the time to slap together my stand, using cutoff pieces of wood from the pallets.

:idunno Problem: all my hammers and mallets were laying on a shelf, taking up lots of room, no organization at all, and I usually had to dig down and remove a number of hammers to find the one I needed. Not a very good way to store the hammers at all.

Picture of my hammers and the empty hammer rack I built today.

1663603600748.jpeg

Picture of the hammers in the rack, easy to see which hammer or mallet I want to take, and takes up a lot less room on the workbench.

1663603670476.jpeg

As you can see, I have many different hammers and mallets. Now I can quickly find the hammer I need and get to work. This stand is simply scrap pallet wood pieces. The bottom and side pieces are slats that are 5-1/2 inches wide X 16 inches long. I cut a couple scrap pieces of pallet 2X4's and nailed them on the top as rails (front and back).

I don't have a French cleat system, and I don't currently have a work bench that I want to permanently attach this stand. One of my concerns was that the stand might be tippy when loaded up with the hammers. Fortunately, it is not tippy at all. But, in the future, I could either screw the base down on to a workbench, into a wall, or add holders for a French cleat wall system.

This was just a quick project to add some organization to my hammers and mallets and also to make better use of my space. It works for me. Let me know what you think, and if you have any other ideas for garage or tool organization, please share.

:caf On my short list of other small pallet projects is stackable bins and crates. I am trying to get rid of cardboard storage boxes in the garage and just have too much other stuff just laying around not even in boxes at all. Time to clean up before winter hits.

:smackOh yeah, I don't need any negative comments about why I have so many hammers and mallets. Dear Wife has that topic covered quite well. Just assume that I actually use different hammers for different jobs and that I am able to choose the correct tool for the job at hand. Maybe it's a guy thing...?

I talked about making a pallet wood stand for my misc. hammers days ago. Today, I took the time to slap together my stand, using cutoff pieces of wood from the pallets.

:idunno Problem: all my hammers and mallets were laying on a shelf, taking up lots of room, no organization at all, and I usually had to dig down and remove a number of hammers to find the one I needed. Not a very good way to store the hammers at all.

Picture of my hammers and the empty hammer rack I built today.

View attachment 3265191

Picture of the hammers in the rack, easy to see which hammer or mallet I want to take, and takes up a lot less room on the workbench.

View attachment 3265195

As you can see, I have many different hammers and mallets. Now I can quickly find the hammer I need and get to work. This stand is simply scrap pallet wood pieces. The bottom and side pieces are slats that are 5-1/2 inches wide X 16 inches long. I cut a couple scrap pieces of pallet 2X4's and nailed them on the top as rails (front and back).

I don't have a French cleat system, and I don't currently have a work bench that I want to permanently attach this stand. One of my concerns was that the stand might be tippy when loaded up with the hammers. Fortunately, it is not tippy at all. But, in the future, I could either screw the base down on to a workbench, into a wall, or add holders for a French cleat wall system.

This was just a quick project to add some organization to my hammers and mallets and also to make better use of my space. It works for me. Let me know what you think, and if you have any other ideas for garage or tool organization, please share.

:caf On my short list of other small pallet projects is stackable bins and crates. I am trying to get rid of cardboard storage boxes in the garage and just have too much other stuff just laying around not even in boxes at all. Time to clean up before winter hits.

:smackOh yeah, I don't need any negative comments about why I have so many hammers and mallets. Dear Wife has that topic covered quite well. Just assume that I actually use different hammers for different jobs and that I am able to choose the correct tool for the job at hand. Maybe it's a guy thing...?
My dad has an entire tool drawer full of hammers. You're doing fine

My dad has an entire tool drawer full of hammers. You're doing fine

Thank you for the kind response. I"ll be sure to tell Dear Wife what you said.

:lau FWIW, I originally had my hammers in a tool drawer, but it took up too much room and was still very disorganized. Moving my hammers to a shelf was a step up for me in that I had more important items to put in my tool drawers. Maybe this is just another step in my evolution of hammer storage, but, for me, it's better than what I had before.

Thank you for the kind response. I"ll be sure to tell Dear Wife what you said.

:lau FWIW, I originally had my hammers in a tool drawer, but it took up too much room and was still very disorganized. Moving my hammers to a shelf was a step up for me in that I had more important items to put in my tool drawers. Maybe this is just another step in my evolution of hammer storage, but, for me, it's better than what I had before.
He also has a drawer full of measuring tapes. He finally realized just this summer that yes, you can have too many measuring tapes, and gave me a couple. :gig

Back
Top Bottom