Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Finished boarding up the Turkey Tower! I am pleased!!! Although a lot of the boards were prone to splitting 😭😭
Now just for the roof, and roost!

We also made a food platform! Filling in the gaps of the pallet with some of the boards I got.

Also one of Doc! He's doing fantastic. I don't find his pen or him smelly at all. He's loving the Pig Palace and it is holding up well so far.

Also, I am on a stand by list for baby goats in March!! 😅😅😅
Looks great! Doc is adorable. Is he named after Doc Hogg on Bear in the Big Blue House?

Finished boarding up the Turkey Tower! I am pleased!!! Although a lot of the boards were prone to splitting 😭😭

We also made a food platform! Filling in the gaps of the pallet with some of the boards I got.

Also one of Doc! He's doing fantastic. I don't find his pen or him smelly at all. He's loving the Pig Palace and it is holding up well so far.

That looks great. Lots of rustic charm.

beautiful! don't forget ventilation.

:thumbsup Looks really good. I like that board on board method, so easy, so fast, looks good.

The best way I know of reducing the splitting of boards is to predrill holes in the wood where you use a screw, or nail. I have a 18 gauge brad nailer, and that works works really fast to tack on the boards. OK, for areas that don't require great holding strength. But my brad nailer was >$100.00 and I know you are keeping costs to a minimum. Might be an option to consider in the future.

:clap Looks like a happy pig. Lucky he has such a nice place.

:pop Yep, you are living the dream. I keep asking Dear Wife if it's time we get a pig or goats, but she won't budge yet... :smack

I know a guy who lives in a sort of upscale area in the county who built a pallet fence around his property. The neighbors were not happy.

:caf Two issues I can think of.

1) They might not like the looks of a pallet fence in their upscale area. I suppose it depends on how it was built. There are some great picket fences made out of pallet wood that look like they would fit into an upscale neighborhood.

2) They might just not any fence. I lived with my old neighbors for over 25 years without any fence. Got along with them great and had many conversations in the evening as we were out in the garden, etc... They both passed away. New owners bought the place and immediately put up a fence. Have not talked to them in 5 years. A fence can really put a damper on the neighbor-to-neighbor interactions. :tongue

Back
Top Bottom