Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Yep, Dear Wife and I went to an Amish open market last fall and bought some "real" bee honey, which is thick like peanut butter. It also has a taste less sweet than what I was used to buying the "fake" honey from the big box stores. I looked at the ingredients on the honey label from the store, and the first thing listed was corn syrup. I guess that it why it never crystalizes, is so sweet, and pours like syrup.

Natural/real honey has a different taste to it. I am told that the taste will vary from the location of the bee hives and what nectar and pollen the bees are eating to produce their honey. Until we bought some natural bee honey at that Amish market, I did not know that.

Dear Wife prefers the Amish natural bee honey. I am weaning myself off the store-bought fake honey, but I still prefer the extra sweetness of the corn syrup honey which I grew up with, I guess.
We get our honey from my hubby's folks. They rent some ranch land to a bee farmer and have supplied us with honey for so long that I can't even remember what store honeys like. Kinda horrifying to hear they add corn syrup!

Id almost forgotten the stackable compost bins you'd mentioned before! I'm excited to see how those come out for you.

Yeah, I got 2 of the 4 tiers I had planned to build done. But I need to tweak the legs so they stack easier. I hope to figure out that modification and post an update with pictures when I'm done.

We get our honey from my hubby's folks. They rent some ranch land to a bee farmer and have supplied us with honey for so long that I can't even remember what store honeys like. Kinda horrifying to hear they add corn syrup!

:tongue No, you got that backwards. They add honey to the corn syrup. Corn syrup is the first and main ingredient listed.

my new tools arrived :wee

:clap:celebrate:yesss::woot

Did you ever find out who stole your tools? We have a big drug problem around here, and usually stuff like tools get stolen for drug money, pennies on the dollar for what we paid at the store. Well, that's what the police told me after I reported a theft on my property. No hope of ever seeing that stuff again.

Anyways, hope your new tools serve you well!

Did you ever find out who stole your tools? We have a big drug problem around here, and usually stuff like tools get stolen for drug money, pennies on the dollar for what we paid at the store. Well, that's what the police told me after I reported a theft on my property. No hope of ever seeing that stuff again.
I didn't mean 👍 for that part...

It stinks, losing stuff to thieves, with no hope of recovery.

:clap:celebrate:yesss::woot

Anyways, hope your new tools serve you well!

I suspect a pakistani guy but have no proof. he steels for some extra cash. it is difficult to catch them as they get rid of stuff really fast. there are 3 spots where they sell it, from 15 to 40 minutes away from here.

my new battery angle grinder and impact driver work great. both of them have a set of 2 batteries. angle grinder has 21v and 4 ah batteries and impact driver 36v and 8 ah (instead of 5 ah as advertised). I am very happy about it. the stolen one (driver) was 18v, not sure about battery but I think 1,5 ah. angle grinder was electrical and not convenient at all as I am now working away from any socket.

Back
Top Bottom