Sore hocks on rabbit

QuailMan6666

Songster
Mar 11, 2023
I recently got a rabbit from a live butcher shop, and he has sore hocks. How do I treat the rabbit for sore hocks?

Keep it off wire. They should heal on their own once the irritation is removed. You can treat with a topical spray if you wish. Just make sure it's safe for the rabbit to ingest in case it licks it off.

Would applying Preparation H on the sore hocks and wrapping them up with a bandage also work?

Would applying Preparation H on the sore hocks and wrapping them up with a bandage also work?
I wouldn't use preparation H. The rabbit will keep it's sores cleaned. Just watch for infection. You would need to see a vet if that happens.

I currently have my rabbit in a wire cage but I added two plastic corrugated panels so that he can be off the wire. Can I keep him like this, or should I put him in a different cage that doesn't have a wire bottom but has soft Carefresh bedding instead?

I recently got a rabbit from a live butcher shop, and he has sore hocks. How do I treat the rabbit for sore hocks?
I don’t own rabbits, and I don’t know the conditions of the shop, but I do know wire cages have been linked to higher bumble foot cases in quails and chickens.

Also this is random, but is it a cute rabbit? I want to see the rabbit.

I don’t own rabbits, and I don’t know the conditions of the shop, but I do know wire cages have been linked to higher bumble foot cases in quails and chickens.

Also this is random, but is it a cute rabbit? I want to see the rabbit.
This is my bunny a male New Zealand I saved from a live butcher shop.

IMG_6643.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom