🙄🤚Do More!😩🤚 Less is More® Kiki Winz!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
If you feel then need that you absolutely need to give your chick something beside plain fresh water use Propel.
Notice the ingredients and pay special attention to the SUGAR levels.
:barnie

https://www.propelwater.com/products
http://pepsico.ca/en/brands/Gatorade.html
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.42.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.44.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.43.23 PM.png

I've always just used Sav A Chick, I suppose I'd rather buy stuff specifically labeled for birds than risk giving them something they shouldn't. Same goes for my other pets, they mean too much to me to screw around with stuff made for other species.
You are smart.
I think people think they are saving money by using Gatorade. They are not.

I don't think people realize or understand how important what you put in your animals mouth is.
We are swine breeders.. you are telling me what we know.
There is a gross misconception that a pig is a pig.
Or breeding stock gets semi quality slop.
NOW our human consumption stock (feeders) get the highest quality protein feed available. Carbohydrates= fat/lard.
Protein= meat/lean meat.
You are what you eat, animals are no different. By feeding low carbs (NO CORN) & no sugars, our back fat is real low.
Our processor charges by hang weight as well. He bills people for 300# hang weight when there is 100# of fat going in the garbage. On top of all the money wasted on corn. Corn and sugars add waste that goes right into the dog food barrels.

Same with chickens. They are no different/diet wise.
There are a lot of chemicals in human consumption food which are not good for livestock.
:oops:Not good for humans as well for that matter.
Good subject kiki..:highfive:

You are smart.
I think people think they are saving money by using Gatorade. They are not.
The only peeps I know that use Gatorade are horse people. They use the plain non-flavored because some of their horse's will not drink water they are not familiar with, when their on the road.
As far as electrolytes for my birds, I use Nutri-Drench!

Back
Top Bottom