Swollen Chin flaps with pic?

sector1

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 16, 2007
4453_image006.jpg

She has had this condition for several days I thought it was just a mood thing. She eats and drinks fine, no strange poo going on. Any ideas on what this is or if I should ignore it? Or do they have to be milked?
smile.png

Thanks.
P.S. if anyone remembers a few weeks ago I had a dog attack, one killed the other(that I now refer to as Half chicken) has made a great recovery. The others stopped picking at her after I used to large screens from my windows and made a lean-to. That way she could still interact and be safe. It worked great.

This looks just like a form of Avian Influenza, however, I would get the bird on a supplement containing Biotin right away. If you get no response in about 2-3 days I would definitely get a blood test.

DEFINITELY separate this bird from your flock and report if any others display symptoms. Don't panic just yet, but take every precaution just in case.

Thanks for the replies, I have all of them on antibiotics. Day 3 shows no notice in reduction of swelling. No spreading to the others yet either.

I have had them on antibiotics for a week and the swelling is gone and all seems good. Still dont know for sure what it was. THank you everyone, I dont know if I would have any chickens at all if not for you guys.

Thank you. This week they have black chicks for sale, so I thought thta if I had half white and half black chicks, that it wou;d be like V s V in the mad comic boks. Well it'll make me smile so I going for it....

Back
Top Bottom