Ok 6 chicks hatched. I have one with twisted toes. On one leg two are stuck together, but straight and seem fine, the other is slightly curled. Will she be fine?
15866089120671499179131.jpg

Ok 6 chicks hatched. I have one with twisted toes. On one leg two are stuck together, but straight and seem fine, the other is slightly curled. Will she be fine? View attachment 2084431

If you could get a better picture that'd be great. Day olds feet are sometimes a little funky since they can be in some odd positions inside the egg. In my experience it usually clears up after a day or so. It could also be curled feet, better pictures would help.

Well hey, hi, and how ya doin?

It's going to be another weekend hustling in the heat. This morning I'll be picking up 15-20 Jumbo Pekin, and potentially some Khaki Campbell. Ducklings are selling like hotcakes right now. I've made a couple hundred dollar profit in the last few days, and should make another $100 between two folks scheduled to come over today. That's profit, not sales, and post expenses. Best part, is I'm still able to be competitively priced with the birds and am not price gouging. I've just been able to buy in bulk and nickle and dime them away. The nickle and dimes are just coming fast.

I'm getting on average $10 per duckling, while on average only paying $3.50 each. I sold a guy 4 ducklings, and gave him one for free. Total came out to be $40 or $8/duckling... even giving him a free ducking, I still profited $4.25 per bird. Those where 3 week old ducklings too. I could have gotten more if i wanted to.

I don't really like selling stuff. Mostly because my morals get in the way. I wouldn't sell it if I wouldn't buy it. Now, these people are paying more than I would obviously, but they're not buying in bulk either. So far I've bought 2 people out, and looking to do the same this morning. They get to sell their birds in one shot and seem happy, while I'm running around slightly crazy to make a profit, and also happy with it.

This breeding pin IS going to be paid for by a 110% hustle. :)

Back
Top Bottom