I would love to smoke some dux for Christmas..
1608947938826.gif

I am mad at the post office.

So I bought Ayam Ketawa eggs. Now, I know before Christmas is a bad time. But, the eggs were only coming from one state over and the seller had them on sale for Christmas. This is a newly imported breed, so prices are high. I wanted to take advantage of the sale.

Since the eggs were only one state over, they made it in on time and the post office called me to come get them. So I thought that it was great, it worked out, right?

Except I get there and no one can find them. But they're certain they had had the eggs up at the counter for me to pick up. Don't worry though, they'll contact the two clerks who might have moved them and let me know what they say.

Except they didn't call me back, so the next morning (Christmas Eve now) I call them to ask where the heck my eggs are. The guy who answers the phone says they think the clerk sent them back out with outgoing mail. Uhhh...

But don't worry, they probably didn't go further than the first processing station, so they should could back. And they were 'hoping' they would have showed back up on that morning's truck.

But they didn't. But don't worry, they get a truck of express mail at one, and 'sometimes' they send the priority packages with that, so check back.

One comes, and I call. Nope sorry it wasn't on the truck. So now the earliest they could possibly come is the 26th, which is seven days in shipping and the eggs are approaching ten days old probably, which is when they'll lose viability.

So it's the 26th. Did my eggs come? No. Has the tracking ever updated? No. So now I think they stuck them somewhere in the post office and haven't bothered to really look. At this point they won't come until Monday at the earliest, which is nine days in shipping and the eggs will almost definitely be over ten days old and some viability will have been lost. If they're not already beat to heck from spending nine days bouncing around in shipping.

So I bought Ayam Ketawa eggs. Now, I know before Christmas is a bad time. But, the eggs were only coming from one state over and the seller had them on sale for Christmas. This is a newly imported breed, so prices are high. I wanted to take advantage of the sale.

Since the eggs were only one state over, they made it in on time and the post office called me to come get them. So I thought that it was great, it worked out, right?

Except I get there and no one can find them. But they're certain they had had the eggs up at the counter for me to pick up. Don't worry though, they'll contact the two clerks who might have moved them and let me know what they say.

Except they didn't call me back, so the next morning (Christmas Eve now) I call them to ask where the heck my eggs are. The guy who answers the phone says they think the clerk sent them back out with outgoing mail. Uhhh...

But don't worry, they probably didn't go further than the first processing station, so they should could back. And they were 'hoping' they would have showed back up on that morning's truck.

But they didn't. But don't worry, they get a truck of express mail at one, and 'sometimes' they send the priority packages with that, so check back.

One comes, and I call. Nope sorry it wasn't on the truck. So now the earliest they could possibly come is the 26th, which is seven days in shipping and the eggs are approaching ten days old probably, which is when they'll lose viability.

So it's the 26th. Did my eggs come? No. Has the tracking ever updated? No. So now I think they stuck them somewhere in the post office and haven't bothered to really look. At this point they won't come until Monday at the earliest, which is nine days in shipping and the eggs will almost definitely be over ten days old and some viability will have been lost. If they're not already beat to heck from spending nine days bouncing around in shipping.
That is awful!! The first thought that came to mind was one of the clerks thought "ooo exotic eggs. These will go great with my stuff pheasant". Yep.... that's something that would happen in Australia

I’d be hot under collar too! That’s just ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom