I'm going to use the part about wallabys endangered to convince my husband we need one, preferably 2, male and female. Bc he knows saving animals is what I do! Thanks for inadvertently helping me 😂
Those kangaroos sound awesome in your previous post! (Minus drowning dogs in puddles, but hey that's nature) maybe I've been planning dream vacays wrong this whole time...I think I need to go visit australia instead. I want to see kangaroos in their natural habitat.
Noooo kangaroos wallabys and emus shouldn't be pets! There's alot of twisted facts in other countries that make people feel better about keeping them as pets but it's all marketing.I've seen people on tv in America keeping joeys in nappies and treating them like a house dog and it makes me sad. But! I am all for rescues, reserves and correct setups that allow them to be more natural (How cool if you had a place big enough to rescue a whole mob of kangaroos to bound past your window every morning?). And they can still people friendly in those set ups. Yes it's worth the trip here! I really want to go to Australia zoo honestly. We have alot of natives around here but they have all the natives!

Noooo kangaroos wallabys and emus shouldn't be pets! There's alot of twisted facts in other countries that make people feel better about keeping them as pets but it's all marketing.I've seen people on tv in America keeping joeys in nappies and treating them like a house dog and it makes me sad. But! I am all for rescues, reserves and correct setups that allow them to be more natural (How cool if you had a place big enough to rescue a whole mob of kangaroos to bound past your window every morning?). And they can still people friendly in those set ups. Yes it's worth the trip here! I really want to go to Australia zoo honestly. We have alot of natives around here but they have all the natives!
Lol no worries I was only kidding. I agree that it is cruel in most cases. Especially for something meant to be roaming free in the wild. Although I'm not gonna lie... If I had quite a bit more than my 6 acres of land and the ability to put some kind wallaby proof barrier (if that's even possible lol) around the whole property I probably would try to get one or two, just to save them from the next person that would take them and coop them up in a house or small back yard.

I feel the same way about most "exotic" animals that are bred and sold freely. Even my very own raccoon....as much as I wanted to keep him, I tried to rehab him and set him free. Several times actually lol. But he just refused to be outside.

That is what led me to wanting to be a wildlife rehabilitator. It would be a pretty amazing job. However, I will have to wait until I hit the lotto to do that. Well technically until my husband hits the lotto bc I don't even buy scratch off tickets. 😝

Lol no worries I was only kidding. I agree that it is cruel in most cases. Especially for something meant to be roaming free in the wild. Although I'm not gonna lie... If I had quite a bit more than my 6 acres of land and the ability to put some kind wallaby proof barrier (if that's even possible lol) around the whole property I probably would try to get one or two, just to save them from the next person that would take them and coop them up in a house or small back yard.

I feel the same way about most "exotic" animals that are bred and sold freely. Even my very own raccoon....as much as I wanted to keep him, I tried to rehab him and set him free. Several times actually lol. But he just refused to be outside.

That is what led me to wanting to be a wildlife rehabilitator. It would be a pretty amazing job. However, I will have to wait until I hit the lotto to do that. Well technically until my husband hits the lotto bc I don't even buy scratch off tickets. 😝
You have a friendly raccoon running around?? As a little girl I was obsessed with Pocahontas and really wanted a raccoon like hers. But now as an adult I didn't think they could be tamed

You have a friendly raccoon running around?? As a little girl I was obsessed with Pocahontas and really wanted a raccoon like hers. But now as an adult I didn't think they could be tamed
Raccoons make super pets if taken young enough.

If not they all should be eliminated.

They cause me more grief than any other critter. They are smart and nimble. They can break into any container, or building.

They will only go into a trap once, so these people that trap them and set them free are on my list of undesirables.

They eat eggs, chicken, young turkey. They carry rabies.

When I do get one in a trap I do the happy dance

:wee :wee

All that said, I would love to have one for a pet.

Raccoons make super pets if taken young enough.

If not they all should be eliminated.

They cause me more grief than any other critter. They are smart and nimble. They can break into any container, or building.

They will only go into a trap once, so these people that trap them and set them free are on my list of undesirables.

They eat eggs, chicken, young turkey. They carry rabies.

When I do get one in a trap I do the happy dance

:wee :wee

All that said, I would love to have one for a pet.
I agree with you on that! - I have a really bad day when a :rant raccoon manages to break into the trashcan the night before pickup…

Back
Top Bottom