When I was a PM, if my guys had to work late, I was there with them and after work, took them to the bar...

Hillbilly, not sure why but your statement about tea brought back memories of the first time I ordered Iced tea in Germany. The waitress looked at me like I was crazy. But she dutifully brought me a pot of tea and a glass of ice. I also remember the look on her face when my friend asked for a glass of milk with dinner. An hour later he got it and it was still warm.
:gig
I can imagine the facial expression of that waitress vividly! - Iced tea is almost unknown in Germany! The restaurant business is completely in the firm grip of Coke and Pepsi, even if you order an apple-juice it will be from one of their subsidiaries. And milk for dinner? Kids have a glass of milk for breakfast, real man drink coffee - black, no sugar.
:lau

The unlimited refills of iced-tea is one of the best habits here in the USA! - You should drink plenty during a meal, it helps with the digestion, just ask the ducks.
Going to a restaurant in Germany as a kid was some kind of torture for me: You get charged by the glass/cup for everything, even plain water. In Germany the restaurants eran their living not from selling food, but from the drinks.

Hope everyone is having a great morning! Working on getting the ducks their nest boxes, should have been done already. Still gotta get some more supplies to really build them some, so just temping up them some in the meantime. Hopefully will keep them from playing hockey with the eggs like they have been at least. Unless I get up and disturb them at like 3 in the morning they manage to end up moving the egg to the other side of their house :(. Wouldn't be so bad if going in their house they didn't freak out so bad, so silly they are. Want to come hang out during the day and be noisy when you are doing stuff, would think they know at this point they are fine.

Back
Top Bottom