Weak duckling please help

Dasha94

In the Brooder
May 9, 2022
Guys really need your help. One of the ducklings hatched yesterday around 9 pm (11 hours ago) which was day 29 but is still very weak. Have problems with holding head up. Although it's moving, wiggling and peeping a lot. It almost dried out by now and it's still in incubator. I gave it a bit of sugar water this morning and will try to get some booster

Another one didn't hatch yet and it's this same scenario as with our first duckling - made a tiny chip on the pointy side of the egg and didn't pipped air sack but I can see his beak thru hole so giving him a time. It's very quiet but still moving sometimes. Also Another egg didn't show any signs and I candled it today and it didn't pipped internally. I decided to opened it a bit where air sack is and find out it was shrink wrapped. Opened it to check it and it was dead. But the biggest shock was that duckling was deformed it had no upper part of beak. (Not sure if I can post photo in case not everyone is willing to see that) So guessing that was the reason why it never made it. I'm gutted. Everything was going so well till last night. Don't know where I made an mistake - temperature, humidity, egg placing? The worst is that we are left with one happy healthy duckling which is now alone (assisted hatching). I had a look for another duckling to buy if the worst scenario appears but couldn't find anything in 100miles area

Attachments

• 20220511_073636.jpg
    20220511_073636.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 15
Guys really need your help. One of the ducklings hatched yesterday around 9 pm (11 hours ago) which was day 29 but is still very weak. Have problems with holding head up. Although it's moving, wiggling and peeping a lot. It almost dried out by now and it's still in incubator. I gave it a bit of sugar water this morning and will try to get some booster

Another one didn't hatch yet and it's this same scenario as with our first duckling - made a tiny chip on the pointy side of the egg and didn't pipped air sack but I can see his beak thru hole so giving him a time. It's very quiet but still moving sometimes. Also Another egg didn't show any signs and I candled it today and it didn't pipped internally. I decided to opened it a bit where air sack is and find out it was shrink wrapped. Opened it to check it and it was dead. But the biggest shock was that duckling was deformed it had no upper part of beak. (Not sure if I can post photo in case not everyone is willing to see that) So guessing that was the reason why it never made it. I'm gutted. Everything was going so well till last night. Don't know where I made an mistake - temperature, humidity, egg placing? The worst is that we are left with one happy healthy duckling which is now alone (assisted hatching). I had a look for another duckling to buy if the worst scenario appears but couldn't find anything in 100miles area
It might get it's legs under it easier if it has some kind of grippy flooring under it. I use the grippy mats you put under rugs and cut it to size. I also give sips of water every hour at least.
1652274385551.png

Back
Top Bottom