What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
I would probably leave it be.

(Unless you hear otherwise from someone more experienced. I have a bit of experience with incubating and hatching eggs, but there are some people on this forum with MUCH more experience than I have in that area.)
Also i am leaving it be. Unless the humidity drops low, I'm just too scared to fool with it especially since it has pipped.

Let me rephrase: ok! I have no experience so any help you can give will be much appreciated:)
Yes, I think that is easier to take correctly, and harder to take wrong :)

Also i am leaving it be. Unless the humidity drops low, I'm just too scared to fool with it especially since it has pipped.
The humidity can go way up when the chicks are actually hatching (wet chicks act like wet sponges to raise the humidity.) That doesn't do much for the one that pips first, but if you have several hatching at once they all "help" each other with the raised humidity.

If the humidity does spike from wet chicks, I would just leave it alone, and not try to lower it again. It will go down again as they dry off.

Yes, I think that is easier to take correctly, and harder to take wrong :)

The humidity can go way up when the chicks are actually hatching (wet chicks act like wet sponges to raise the humidity.) That doesn't do much for the one that pips first, but if you have several hatching at once they all "help" each other with the raised humidity.

If the humidity does spike from wet chicks, I would just leave it alone, and not try to lower it again. It will go down again as they dry off.
lol I was just going to ask about humidity spikes! This little nugget is taking her time! But the pip is much larger, I can see it busting the shell!

Wait for the contract, that comes next. No more loopholes.
I now have only 2 girls, and only one layer. My husband signed an addendum to my original contract stating I may purchase 2 pullets that are a) not babies and b) guaranteed to be girls. I’m going for it.
Hay hay yay! No hubby single old lady i have as many chickens as i can comfortably house! About 40 now! Lol. Room for more!

But a good selling point for more chickens is that feed is cheaper than eggs!

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 3
Welcome Zelda.
I wanted to read the whole thread before reacting but that seems a ‘ondoenlijke’ or impossible no go. Thanks for the spirit!

Try Schijndelaar. Never heard of the breed before BYC. I can see why. Tongue twisters are nothing measuring up to this
Time for a lesson in Dutch and Chicken breeds.

Schijndelaar is the name of a village in the Netherlands. The same country as where the have they heavy G and Ch, rolling R’s (think of ‘s Gravenhage where our government is settled).
The ij sounds the same as ei in Dutch which means egg.

Lots of breeds find their origin in the Netherlands an Belgium, because we have lots of weird people and chicken keepers here. Some think it’s a hobby to breed to perfection or ‘manufacture’ new breeds.

The Schijndelaar is a rather new and fancy breed developed by a man who lives in Schijndel. : White chicken. Beautiful tail and green eggs.

Nooo these are called d’ fluccer duloopers or something crazy like that.
Is it possible you mean D’Uccle? Only the duloopers seems another breed.
Bearbue de Watermael or
Barbue d'Uccle

We have a great site in the Netherlands with all the chicken breeds that are possibly available in Western Europe. A wonderful site to get a feeling of the possibilities. Most in Dutch but the names are spelled in English too. Take a look around for fun. And practice the pronounciation. 😛🤭🤣

Barbue d'Uccle

Schijndelaar

Chickens A - O

Chickens P - Z

Back
Top Bottom