What are the odds?

I don't know how breeders do it, but it seems to me that with straight run, the odds are more likely to skew to male. More people want to buy sexed pullets, so what happens to the males, and the iffy ones? They get sold as straight run. At least it seems likely with hatcheries, they still want to sell as many as they can. I could be completely wrong, but I've seen so many posts on here about people getting a high number of males with straight run chicks. That's my theory.

I think you're completely wrong.

The place I bought my birds, only sells straight run...

All chickens have spur buds. Don't be quick to divest yourself of your birds. Can you post pictures.

I thought I could post good enough pics to identify my hen, with my phone camera; but I was wrong.

I'm even not gonna try.

sounds to me like they did it just to get rid of them, I have never had a straight run of all males, closest I came was 50/50

I talked to the breeder this morning...

He told me they could still be hens, and I find it hard to believe he had any bad intentions.

I see different patterns and lighter feathering on different birds, but not on the same birds...

It looks like there could be hens in there, but the "spur buds" concern me.

I talked to the breeder this morning...

He told me they could still be hens, and I find it hard to believe he had any bad intentions.

I see different patterns and lighter feathering on different birds, but not on the same birds...

It looks like there could be hens in there, but the "spur buds" concern me.
I've seen a lot of spur buds even on hens but that's all the ever get to is just the buds

He's right they could still be.
Aseels do tend to be good mothers.
This is how much spur a hen can grow. :)
spur.jpg

I have Bresse and Olandsk Dwarfs...

I'm texting with the breeder right now, and he tells me they could still be hens.

Asils are good for hatching eggs?

Back
Top Bottom