What color please

pokey

Warrior Princess
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
upstate
I am trying to figure out this Roos color. Is it a washed silver ginger? Or a duckwing of some kind? His wings so have black on the primaries and the hackles have very faint what looks like penciling, but very light.

aefc9497-800c-9b2c.jpg
aefc9497-8023-fd02.jpg

he is geneticaly Golden(one copy of Dominant Sex linked Silver and one copy of recessive sex linked gold s+) he is also columbian restricted(like buff columbian or R.I.R) the restrictor seems to be Dark Brown(Db) rather than Co(like columbian wyandottes or buff columbian brahma), and seeing how he lacks any saddle stippling I say he is at least heterozygous for dominant wheaten(eWh)..

here is his genetic make up(seeing how we have a wild type bird in the background)

eWh/e+ Db/db+ S/s+

I'll get out the genetics book and my translator :p it was confusing me that he had more than one trait and I'm still learning how the restriction of one gene or color affects another color. Thanks for the help!!

I'll get out the genetics book and my translator
tongue.png
it was confusing me that he had more than one trait and I'm still learning how the restriction of one gene or color affects another color. Thanks for the help!!
seems like these birds have alot of dutch in them, which makes them wild type(e+) wild type e+ is the most wild gene out there(found on Red Jungle Fowl) and its easy to modify with other genes, like Db(Columbian like restrictor)

use this genetic calculator created by Mr. Henk
http://edelras.nl/Henk69/kruising.html

Back
Top Bottom