What did you do in the garden today?

Yup, it got past two filters! Is yours a GE as well by any chance? Sorry about the customer-lack-of-service. Bit of a running joke in our family about that these days.
I had a terrible experience with a GE washing machine, back in December 2020! Bought new and the agitator broke the first week! No big deal , I thought! GE Customer service told me two to three months, to get a new one in stock and they would not make a repair appt. until the part was delivered to my house and that ran two to three weeks out from the time the appt . was made! I raised H== for about a two weeks and finally got results, when I told them I was going to go on TV and tell the public How GE backed their products. The arrogance, and dripping fake concern was sickening, and they never acknowledged they were negligent! For over a week, they told me, they ,the manufacturer, did not have any parts! I told them, they had thousands of unsold machines to rob the parts from! After a dozen emails and more than a dozen phone calls , it took over four weeks to get the part and then two plus weeks to get it repaired. After the threat to go on television, I got a $70 check for laundry mat expense for the two months, my new machine did not work. GE, Whirlpool and Maytag are all on my CACA list! They have sold out Americans and outsource to China and other nations. That is why, they did not have major components or common replacement parts for "their" machines! They don't make parts or stock replacements, they just order them from their Chinese suppliers. They claim to manufacture appliances , but actually just assemble them. Almost nothing good from the old major US manufacturers, these days, just took away jobs and push foreign junk on us, they dare call , made in the USA.

My GE dryer had a few issues new (bought 2018). Luckily bought from Costco, who adds an extra year warranty to the machines. Laughingly, the first repair visit was scheduled for 8am. Ok, I was ready at 8….once a few hours passed I called to find out where the repair guy was located, as he did not show! Apparently he showed up before 8 am, rang the bell, no answer so he left BEFORE 8 am!! Hmmm…so, on his next visit, he arrived on time, but sat in my driveway …in his truck …on his phone…for 30+ minutes. I guess he was proving some kind of point?? Maybe the point should be: mornings are busy, so homeowner was out back taking care of things, but was in the house by the door at 8am…you should have waited until 8 am…

Hi all, won’t be a regular again until around Halloween. We have babies in the process of hatching under a broody. I’m seriously blind so I’m sorry if they suck. Here are three, at least one should be ok
0E7B580E-4D43-4527-8084-C4A9CBB68386.jpeg

F554B613-BD37-4F21-8D5E-3F38D5CE7810.jpeg
2E60DA24-EFF7-4D90-843F-A019797C62AE.jpeg

Hey everyone! I've been down for over 2 weeks with Covid which turned into post Covid syndrome. Still not better but SLOWLY improving.

I went down to the garden yesterday for the first time in over a week. There was a spaghetti squash and pickling cukes down there before I got sick. Now the plants are dead and there are literally THOUSANDS of squash bugs of all sizes and ages. I started to spray with Sevin and quickly gave up. The only solution will be to wait until the weather gets colder and burn all the mulch and dead plant matter. I had started some carrots and bush beans but I'm considering just burning everything including these young plants and starting new seeds afterwards.

I still have a few watermelon growing and tomatoes. I still have peppers coming out the wazoo but I'm out of freezer space so they are just rotting on the vine. If any of you lived closer, I'd invite you to come take anything you wanted... I simply don't have the energy to keep it up right now.

I have several roosters that need to be culled too and no energy (or freezer space) to do it.

Sigh.... I'm so SICK of being sick!

@igorsMistress they are awesome and sweet! I hope your eyes get better. :hugs

@TJAnonymous I hope you are better soon. :hugs

Of all the things I wanted to get done, only the apple butter is getting done. The house smells soooo good. Ambulance came and picked up one of the neighbors for the third time since they got covid. They don't keep them since the hospitals are overflowing and their kids who also have covid have to go and pick them up and bring them home again. I can't imagine what it must be like.

Hey everyone! I've been down for over 2 weeks with Covid which turned into post Covid syndrome. Still not better but SLOWLY improving.

I went down to the garden yesterday for the first time in over a week. There was a spaghetti squash and pickling cukes down there before I got sick. Now the plants are dead and there are literally THOUSANDS of squash bugs of all sizes and ages. I started to spray with Sevin and quickly gave up. The only solution will be to wait until the weather gets colder and burn all the mulch and dead plant matter. I had started some carrots and bush beans but I'm considering just burning everything including these young plants and starting new seeds afterwards.

I still have a few watermelon growing and tomatoes. I still have peppers coming out the wazoo but I'm out of freezer space so they are just rotting on the vine. If any of you lived closer, I'd invite you to come take anything you wanted... I simply don't have the energy to keep it up right now.

I have several roosters that need to be culled too and no energy (or freezer space) to do it.

Sigh.... I'm so SICK of being sick!

get well soon.

instead of burning stuff let your chickens to clean your garden. they are such a help with bugs. I put 2-3 chickens in the afternoon so they don't have time to damage anything and bugs are soon gone.

Back
Top Bottom