What did you do in the garden today?

I did email the extension office to see if they have any suggestions. These pests can devastate rice crops and Arkansas is the largest exporter of rice in the world after China...so surely they have some idea of what to do about them. The question is whether it will be an organic option....

Fingers crossed they will have a better option. Keep us updated!

Mother Nature serving up a big bowl of SUCK over the next few weeks... 😕 I can only imagine what the heat index is going to be if this is the air temperature. FWIW, it's usually not this hot until mid-July. Although it WAS this hot last year around this time and that's what kicked off the 3-4 month drought.... 😬
Screenshot_20230623_220839.jpg

Mother Nature serving up a big bowl of SUCK over the next few weeks... 😕 I can only imagine what the heat index is going to be if this is the air temperature. FWIW, it's usually not this hot until mid-July. Although it WAS this hot last year around this time and that's what kicked off the 3-4 month drought.... 😬
View attachment 3553728

We've been pretty lucky so far this year other than a handful of days but it looks like it's coming for us now too. 😭

Screenshot_20230623-231802~2.png

Baked 16 cakes! Waiting for the last ones to cool fully so I can get them covered and in the fridge.

Dug up some more garlic. Looks good.

View attachment 3553738

This is one area of melon plants. Glad I put the plastic over the hills - maybe it will help.
View attachment 3553739

Some flowers in the garden. Planted for some color!
View attachment 3553740View attachment 3553741View attachment 3553742

Wow! What are you going to do with 16 cakes? I can't even look as a slice without gaining weight. Lol

Wow! What are you going to do with 16 cakes? I can't even look as a slice without gaining weight. Lol
They are for a festival, they have a cake booth. So they ask for people to make cakes for the booth, and they keep them in a refrigerator truck. I made 4 recipes, 4 cakes each. They are in the 8” aluminum pans. I made orange cream cake, tres leches cake, chocolate caramel toasted coconut cake, and chocolate peanut butter.

They are for a festival, they have a cake booth. So they ask for people to make cakes for the booth, and they keep them in a refrigerator truck. I made 4 recipes, 4 cakes each. They are in the 8” aluminum pans. I made orange cream cake, tres leches cake, chocolate caramel toasted coconut cake, and chocolate peanut butter.
:🤤:

Back
Top Bottom