What did you do in the garden today?

Have you ever seen hazelnuts on the tree? They're in a husk that looks like a frilly bonnet and blend in very well with the leaves. I discovered I could find them much better by getting under the branches and looking up.
Not in person, only in pics. I could honestly have 1 or 2 out on my property and have no idea lol I just found pawpaw trees this year and I've had the property for about 10 years. I've been cutting down oaks, elms and dogwoods to make room for other fruit and nut trees

Not in person, only in pics. I could honestly have 1 or 2 out on my property and have no idea lol I just found pawpaw trees this year and I've had the property for about 10 years. I've been cutting down oaks, elms and dogwoods to make room for other fruit and nut trees
I lost all 8 of mine to drought.

I lost all 8 of mine to drought.
I'm going to keep mine in pots for a few years then plant on hugelkultur beds. Hugelkulture retain a large amount of moisture and might just help with that. I was reading today that they need watered regularly until they have been in the ground for 2 years

I'm going to keep mine in pots for a few years then plant on hugelkultur beds. Hugelkulture retain a large amount of moisture and might just help with that. I was reading today that they need watered regularly until they have been in the ground for 2 years
yes they do. Mine were established an on individual drip irrigation, which could just not keep up with our lack of rain.

I hear you. It has a special metering system. The problem was that the surrounding ground was so dry, you just could not water enough.
That's crazy. We are attempting to homestead so I spend all day everyday taking care of the animals and plants, I have no job off of the property so I will be able to give them tons of attention. I keep a very detailed care schedule for everything and I'm very anal about keeping it lol / if a soil issue arises I imagine I will catch it in time to amend it.

Back
Top Bottom