What did you do with your flock today?

While trying to get a picture of Nugget hiding under the car, I got this picture of Beckett. This is one of the only pictures I have that shows just how iridescent she is. :D
View attachment 2137132
Very Black Maransish. The Black Minorcans I see here just don't have the same depth of blues and greens and their feathers are more matt to look at.

My flock is currently hatching!! Speckled Sussex chick pipping it’s way into the world 🌎🥰
BE8D1C0D-267E-4194-B931-A6B1365C61D6.jpeg
6EA57BB1-C322-43B6-AD00-0E441B3D74D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to say I didnt handle my birds except to inspect for damage or critters free loading. Most were easy to catch but some needed a bird net. Treating a wound is another situation. Even the Guineas are manageable Bird net and towel. But they are usually critter and wound free. Little Reprobates.

That reminds me I need to assemble a first aid kit again. Every thing I had has expired or been lost.

deb
Are you getting some chickens for the current house soon?

Are you getting some chickens for the current house soon?
Yes but the VNC quarantine will need to be lifted before I can order by mail. I want great Welsummer stock. Last ones I had were awesome and very large. They are listed as dual purpose as well. My last ones came from Red Wing Hatchery up in Lancaster. They handle the heat Very well. I had twenty five hens and three roosters. I had Eggsies coming out of my ears. I will scale it down some. Start with ten hens and two roos. Once they grow up I will separate the Stock that I like into their own pen and the rest will go into a mixed flock. Gawd those eggs were soo pretty.

I can Get Muscovys locally. As well as Guinea Fowl. Though I want jumbos This time and Again I will have to wait for them. The hatchery I want them from is either Guinea Farm in the Midwest or Metzer here in CA. Metzer also has Runner ducks. I want a Drake and a couple of Ducks or Hens from them. I can get them locally but I want pure black with the iridescent green in their feathers.

Lets see. Sumatras are still on my want list. Polish or a chicken with wild hair on top... For mom. The Sumatras will free range with the Guinea Fowl.. My only two breeds that I will allow to free range here.

I want to try some meat birds as well maybe about ten. But not till next year.

For now I will start with Muscovies this summer. their housing can be the old coop I have some roosts they can use in there. I can also start my mixed flock in the other half of that coop. So I can get local Polish...

The rest will have to wait till I can get the Big coop or My poultry house built.

deb

Yes but the VNC quarantine will need to be lifted before I can order by mail. I want great Welsummer stock. Last ones I had were awesome and very large. They are listed as dual purpose as well. My last ones came from Red Wing Hatchery up in Lancaster. They handle the heat Very well. I had twenty five hens and three roosters. I had Eggsies coming out of my ears. I will scale it down some. Start with ten hens and two roos. Once they grow up I will separate the Stock that I like into their own pen and the rest will go into a mixed flock. Gawd those eggs were soo pretty.

I can Get Muscovys locally. As well as Guinea Fowl. Though I want jumbos This time and Again I will have to wait for them. The hatchery I want them from is either Guinea Farm in the Midwest or Metzer here in CA. Metzer also has Runner ducks. I want a Drake and a couple of Ducks or Hens from them. I can get them locally but I want pure black with the iridescent green in their feathers.

Lets see. Sumatras are still on my want list. Polish or a chicken with wild hair on top... For mom. The Sumatras will free range with the Guinea Fowl.. My only two breeds that I will allow to free range here.

I want to try some meat birds as well maybe about ten. But not till next year.

For now I will start with Muscovies this summer. their housing can be the old coop I have some roosts they can use in there. I can also start my mixed flock in the other half of that coop. So I can get local Polish...

The rest will have to wait till I can get the Big coop or My poultry house built.

deb
The vNC quarantine should be lifted soon? The last I heard maybe June.

Lets hope!

Back
Top Bottom