What did you do with your flock today?

she is..... except when i startle her by picking her up on the nights she tries to roost on my trash cans. those wing feathers are quite stiff

:lau

Today my flock played in their run until it started raining. I built them a little play set with branches and a platform on top only one of them knows how to get up onto. It started Thunder-storming and I had to rescue them from the rain. Now they are splashing in the puddles and having a good time.

My chickens hate the rain. I’m pretty sure Iris can smell when it’s about to rain, up to a day or two before it does, because he always gets really cranky.

:lau

My chickens hate the rain. I’m pretty sure Iris can smell when it’s about to rain, up to a day or two before it does, because he always gets really cranky.
Mine don't seem to mind it, I think they know that rain brings the worms out of the ground. Everytime I see them out in the rain I tell them that I have soggy chicken again

As I went to get a photo she took them to hide
004.jpg

Today I put the girls in the coop and since it’s mid 70’s here in Texas, tonight is their first night out. Trying not to be a mama hen, but I’m kinda nervous. They are 80% covered in feathers, the coop is double insulated, and they have nice fresh hay in the bottom. The past week they haven’t been using the heating pad, but laying and roosting near each other. Have I waited long enough? Here’s a photo of them. The sexlinks have less feathers, but all are way larger then the heritage ones. 7DEA3546-016F-4ED2-9F46-E11B7A6D0585.jpeg 5D6552CA-BB2B-46FF-8AC3-221340370F5B.jpeg 060330CF-35E9-4334-A2EA-FCE8FF3B620F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom