What did you do with your flock today?

Today the chicks escaped the dog pen and the run while I was inside napping. Fortunately they didn’t wander far, nothing got them, and where good and let me collect them. It was my fault though since I forgot to recover the top of the pen after giving them last night’s peas and a bit of pineapple, so they jumped out. So to make sure that didn’t happen again I got some bird netting and wrapped the bottom half of the run and used the dog pen on the door side so I can step over. One problem fixed. I also graduated them to a hanging metal waterer under their coop, figured it would stay cleaner then the dog dish I’ve been using.
Lastly I have an armadillo, who walked within two feet of me yesterday evening. So that solves the mystery of the den that popped up about three weeks ago and an the three am digging at my metal sheeting under my window this weekend.

Well did have to go clean coops in my little coop Cochin has taken her three
back to the coop not broody coop.. Did pick up a andalusian last year she is quite the friendly bird... got to run hardware cloth at the top of their yard also as two of her peeps walked out the yard to the road good thing their mom is vocal
003.jpg
004.jpg

Today the chicks escaped the dog pen and the run while I was inside napping. Fortunately they didn’t wander far, nothing got them, and where good and let me collect them. It was my fault though since I forgot to recover the top of the pen after giving them last night’s peas and a bit of pineapple, so they jumped out. So to make sure that didn’t happen again I got some bird netting and wrapped the bottom half of the run and used the dog pen on the door side so I can step over. One problem fixed. I also graduated them to a hanging metal waterer under their coop, figured it would stay cleaner then the dog dish I’ve been using.
Lastly I have an armadillo, who walked within two feet of me yesterday evening. So that solves the mystery of the den that popped up about three weeks ago and an the three am digging at my metal sheeting under my window this weekend.
It sounds like they are happy outside!

Back
Top Bottom