What did you do with your flock today?

Have you looked on their page lately? They are selling ODs again and are probably reusing their photos from 2012 and 2014. I’m curious if they brought over new blood, I wish they weren’t all the way in Florida!
Just looked at their pictures...they had a lavender in one of the photos! And they definitely have birds that look a lot like the Spangles, plus birds heavy on the white like some of mine. 😃

Just looked at their pictures...they had a lavender in one of the photos! And they definitely have birds that look a lot like the Spangles, plus birds heavy on the white like some of mine. 😃
Wouldn’t lavender be so fun to infuse in their coloring? I totally agree they look a lot like some of your birds! I have a couple that look like they will be heavy on the white too! How do we get ahold of a lavender OD?! I shall need to do some research 😆 I took some forced family picture time of the babies today. They are growing so fast for still being so tiny haha.

Attachments

• 8CDB534B-C76C-4FCE-8FDF-FECA985D97B3.jpeg
    8CDB534B-C76C-4FCE-8FDF-FECA985D97B3.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 1
  • D8935B1B-B890-41F0-8D7A-C6D2A9F83DAC.jpeg
    D8935B1B-B890-41F0-8D7A-C6D2A9F83DAC.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 29961523-E64E-433D-9655-2ED758423FF8.jpeg
    29961523-E64E-433D-9655-2ED758423FF8.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 1
  • B4D07FF0-5218-4AF0-9DA3-76BA7EC829D8.jpeg
    B4D07FF0-5218-4AF0-9DA3-76BA7EC829D8.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 1
  • F1182887-CE42-411F-BA5D-2A9A48E934B7.jpeg
    F1182887-CE42-411F-BA5D-2A9A48E934B7.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 1
  • BD5D70F7-A6EF-4076-8F3C-A63DD7F3C850.jpeg
    BD5D70F7-A6EF-4076-8F3C-A63DD7F3C850.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 1
Wouldn’t lavender be so fun to infuse in their coloring? I totally agree they look a lot like some of your birds! I have a couple that look like they will be heavy on the white too! How do we get ahold of a lavender OD?! I shall need to do some research 😆 I took some forced family picture time of the babies today. They are growing so fast for still being so tiny haha.
O my gosh they're adorable! Beautiful lil ones you have there! They dont look like they feel forced! 😍😍😍

Greenfires chicks are $45 for one chick and it's a roll of the dice for what color you get. Wow. I'm trying to decide how dwarf crazy I am...lol. I had no idea they still sell for so much.

I keep wondering about the blues I have because I don't see that color in any other pictures. I see grey listed as a color but not in pictures. I should have spent more time talking to my friend about her breeding instead of just cooing over them.

I think I might separate them all out again like she had them and see what they produce that way. All of this years babies are from all the birds mixed together except 6 that are from a blue/blue pairing. I wanted to see if splash babies are tricolor or bicolor because I'd expect bicolor...yet all of the birds are tricolor. 6 wasn't enough I think. I think splash would have to look different. But but...then I read....rofl. I could go on and on!🥴🤗

Fingers crossed on finding lavenders though!

O my gosh they're adorable! Beautiful lil ones you have there! They dont look like they feel forced! 😍😍😍

Greenfires chicks are $45 for one chick and it's a roll of the dice for what color you get. Wow. I'm trying to decide how dwarf crazy I am...lol. I had no idea they still sell for so much.

I keep wondering about the blues I have because I don't see that color in any other pictures. I see grey listed as a color but not in pictures. I should have spent more time talking to my friend about her breeding instead of just cooing over them.

I think I might separate them all out again like she had them and see what they produce that way. All of this years babies are from all the birds mixed together except 6 that are from a blue/blue pairing. I wanted to see if splash babies are tricolor or bicolor because I'd expect bicolor...yet all of the birds are tricolor. 6 wasn't enough I think. I think splash would have to look different. But but...then I read....rofl. I could go on and on!🥴🤗

Fingers crossed on finding lavenders though!
I know isn't that price just bonkers? I would do it if I could for sure get some new colors and I knew they would survive travelling from FL to CA...but that is a big gamble for a lot of money! FL to AZ seems much more doable! I'm wondering how you got blues too haha! I want blues so badly haha. Lavenders would be the dream! :D I am in full support of the division so that blues become something more guaranteed! :D I already have OD customers excited at the potential color additions the blues would provide! Haha, do I sound a bit overly excited? I wonder if Greenfire Farms could give me any idea how likely it would be to get lavender genes if I bought some of theirs? Might have to ask! :D

FL to CA....ouch. FL to AZ feels awfully far too. At least with Greenfire, I can accept that kind of price just because of the work and cost of importing. Not sure I'm willing to pay it though. Maybe I need to get hurt again and then coo about lavender dwarfs in front of my darling kids! 🤣

We'll definitely make sure you get some blues one way or another! 😀

If you talk to Greenfire, share what they say please! Would love to know if they'll let us chose colors. I've never seen a lavender bird in anything but pictures. I got some porcelain d'uccles by accident but gave them to my neighbor. Sounds like they're growing up more buff colored then lavender. The bird in Greenfires picture sure was a pretty thing though!

Back
Top Bottom