What did you do with your flock today?

There's an ap called Nextdoor that I've used to find dog owners. It doesn't always work but sometimes does! And one time when we had a starving dog show up, we were able to find a rescue group to take over her care through it.
I'm actually on Nextdoor ♡ but I did not post him on it. Good idea!
The thing with these hunting dogs is they can come from anywhere on the island and depending on how much their parent loves them reflects how fast then can be found- with exceptions of course. Sometimes the dogs can be wounded and lost for months b4 they surface and for some owners they may have lost hope or moved on. This guys best bet if for his person to connect. Because these dogs can be so isolated and loyal (like a captive) to one person it is near impossible to capture... takes lots of time.
This morning I put his food out early by our outside water dish which is close to our lanai gate. After a day or so, I'll open gate and put food on lanai. This will be and inconvenience for me and the cats but worth a try to get this boy "off the streets"

Actually we have. We have a sump pump that we will use that has a fire hose hooked up to it and since the garden is right there we will pump it out into that. The plants will go in the outside of the run, I think putting plants inside the pond would be a whole lot more work. At least just from what I have read. I have thought about putting some fish in there but if I’m pumping out the water every so often it wouldn’t work well. And we have a tank that we can fill with water and use to fill the pond back up.
Gosh I'm in love! I wonder if I could attach a garden hose to my stock tank for a gravity drain out to the garden? I'm in the process (slow process!) of moving my ducks and how to do their water in the new area has been frustrating me. The little tank I have for them is only 80 gallons but I've relied on sloping to make it drain where I want in a chain link kennel...the new area is made from wood that's already suffered water damage and I wasn't liking the idea of continuing using sloping for drainage in that spot.

Your plans sound great! Love the water use for the pond...your plants and ducks are going to be so happy❤️

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894
I love the markings on that chicken, So smooooth lol and the roosters great too.

I'm actually on Nextdoor ♡ but I did not post him on it. Good idea!
The thing with these hunting dogs is they can come from anywhere on the island and depending on how much their parent loves them reflects how fast then can be found- with exceptions of course. Sometimes the dogs can be wounded and lost for months b4 they surface and for some owners they may have lost hope or moved on. This guys best bet if for his person to connect. Because these dogs can be so isolated and loyal (like a captive) to one person it is near impossible to capture... takes lots of time.
This morning I put his food out early by our outside water dish which is close to our lanai gate. After a day or so, I'll open gate and put food on lanai. This will be and inconvenience for me and the cats but worth a try to get this boy "off the streets"
Lucky dog! Hopefully he'll come around quicker.

I went to our State Fair last night to see Willey Nelson. That was my excuse to check out all of the ducks, LOL. I saw Call Ducks for the very first time and fell in love. They are sooooooo cute!!!! I have bigger ones though and don't know if they would mix well with them if I even could find any in Ohio. Hatcheries don't sell them that I know of but the ones at the fair were absolutely beautiful. I don't need more ducks, I don't need more ducks, I don't need more ducks!! I need to have my head tested!!! LOL

Gosh I'm in love! I wonder if I could attach a garden hose to my stock tank for a gravity drain out to the garden? I'm in the process (slow process!) of moving my ducks and how to do their water in the new area has been frustrating me. The little tank I have for them is only 80 gallons but I've relied on sloping to make it drain where I want in a chain link kennel...the new area is made from wood that's already suffered water damage and I wasn't liking the idea of continuing using sloping for drainage in that spot.

Your plans sound great! Love the water use for the pond...your plants and ducks are going to be so happy❤️
It could very well work! Sump pumps aren’t too expensive either if you ever wanted to go that way. They really pay for themselves with everything you can do with them. If we didn’t have ours, we would more than likely be in a world of hurt. 😂

Thank you! I’m so excited about it!

I went to our State Fair last night to see Willey Nelson. That was my excuse to check out all of the ducks, LOL. I saw Call Ducks for the very first time and fell in love. They are sooooooo cute!!!! I have bigger ones though and don't know if they would mix well with them if I even could find any in Ohio. Hatcheries don't sell them that I know of but the ones at the fair were absolutely beautiful. I don't need more ducks, I don't need more ducks, I don't need more ducks!! I need to have my head tested!!! LOL
Hatchery’s do if you find the right one….BUT I only found that they sell them as adults. There is a place in Wisconsin that sells babies and they have some calls and I know they still have white call and snowy call.

I didn't take photos, but we let the birds come into the kitchen for snacks of sunflower seeds and oats. It was 91° almost 100% humidity. I did spray down a few areas to cool things off. They do have plenty of shade and tall growth and trees to stay cool.
Later, I chopped up some cold cabbage and brought it out to them. Toward early evening, we sat on the coop front step and they hung out.
As always, when they roosted, I opened the coop door to talk to them and review the day. I always finish the conversation telling them I'm going to close up everything so they will be safe and cozy. I always end with "Good night, be good to each other, sleep well, and have good chicken dreams"

Back
Top Bottom