What did you do with your flock today?

Good morning gang. Lively thread :lol:

@The Tiny Homestead love the picture you painted and hope you will attach photos in the future. Your flock sounds absolutely lovely and very loved. So, a homesteader and a chicken poet ♡
Never thought of cabbage to cool the flock 🤔💡 I like it!

@ChicksnMore Wow! Just wow!!! What an amazing bonus. Thank you for sharing ♡ I forgot how beautiful a boutique of pea feathers can be ♡♡♡ the master artist does not miss a trick.

@FrankieDoodle I am happy you are having an upswing Nugget. 🙏🙏🙏

I think all this talk of ducks requires some photos for this thread! (Since I can't have any ducks)
I am so lucky to be able to do just this let alone the pictures, lol. I would love to show them though, just not talented enough and do not have the technology. I have the twelve right now but two drakes might be going down the road as having 4 if this is how it turns out is too many for a flock of 12. I hate that but it is not fair to my girls to keep that many. 3 are in Drake jail right now and I am thinking one of my Mule Ducks are a male going by his sound and start of change in him. He was born the end of May so just now getting to hear his sound. I love hearing about everyone else's flocks and seeing the beautiful pictures.

As it was looking like it was gunna come down again a little early I stitched together a little lean-to type shelter and place of interest. I cut a few branches with fruit from the guava and then tossed ginger ontop for rain protection. A "quick and dirty" that took about 30 minutes but I think I need to come up with more solutions. I'm sure they don't want to hide in the coop again.
20220807_081312.jpg

As it was looking like it was gunna come down again a little early I stitched together a little lean-to type shelter and place of interest. I cut a few branches with fruit from the guava and then tossed ginger ontop for rain protection. A "quick and dirty" that took about 30 minutes but I think I need to come up with more solutions. I'm sure they don't want to hide in the coop again.View attachment 3214685
How cute! I luv it!!!

As it was looking like it was gunna come down again a little early I stitched together a little lean-to type shelter and place of interest. I cut a few branches with fruit from the guava and then tossed ginger ontop for rain protection. A "quick and dirty" that took about 30 minutes but I think I need to come up with more solutions. I'm sure they don't want to hide in the coop again.View attachment 3214685
Adorable!

We have a big old pine in our yard that hawks and ravens love to hang out in. Today's visitor was a red tailed hawk (I think). Harris hawks are the ones we see the most. Not the best pics... took them from inside the kitchen and through the screen. Pretty bird though. Boy my spangles were alarm calling like crazy!
Resized_20220807_153931.jpg
Resized_20220807_153847.jpg
Resized_20220807_153938.jpg

Adorable!

We have a big old pine in our yard that hawks and ravens love to hang out in. Today's visitor was a red tailed hawk (I think). Harris hawks are the ones we see the most. Not the best pics... took them from inside the kitchen and through the screen. Pretty bird though. Boy my spangles were alarm calling like crazy!View attachment 3215102View attachment 3215103View attachment 3215105
Wow awesome pics! Beautiful!
I bet they were!!!

This is what I did with my babies today! I love this sweet time we get to have!

Back
Top Bottom