What did you do with your flock today?

Chickies got their first real look at the outside world yesterday evening. They will get to put actual feet on the ground this weekend when the roof is finished on the run.
(5 week old Townline chicks)
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
You have your hands full. Caring for elders of any species is hard work. Hoping your girls will be healthy again, soon. I have a couple poopy-ish butts to attend to as well. Pretty soon, I should be able to. They were all wormed and don't look too bad, unlike Pua girl.
This elder prefers to do all the errands in one day, if at all possible. Kind of enjoy staying 🏡 and being outside with the feathers and dirt, or playing in the kitchen or with puzzles. Saving the bags for when my doctor says I can use my thumb again.
I was reading in another thread about giving a Epsom salt flush via syringe for internal bacteria- good for cleaning out internal stuff and chooks got perkier from the good effects. So I was kind of excited and considering doing that for my old gals for all the stuff they may have picked up through the years. Then finish off with pro biotic. Just kind of give them a good cleaning and hope to make them feel clean and comfortable. I would not mind them hanging out and being ultra long timers. My flock feels like a darn big and unruly mob so separating them 2 at a time with a spa day or two may be the way for me to give them the care they deserve.

@Gammas Bearded Babies def a nice soak and trim ♡ . I have a (empty) litter box that looks like a baby's bath tub. What a find with the ability to do double duty 😂😂😂.
Still in town. Dropped Mo'o and another. Poor babies. A few more errands and then I get to head home!

Your making me want baby goats again so bad 🤣. My kids used to sit and cuddle the babies for hours. Here's old pics of a young goat named Jessica and my youngest. Not sure if Jessica thought she was human or Tami thought she was a goat, but those two were inseparable.View attachment 3492566View attachment 3492567
Well, with my kids grown having baby goats wouldn't be the same anyway. Guess I don't want babies after all 😂
Just beautiful and precious :love 2006 really was not that long ago... wish time would not fly by so quickly.

Your making me want baby goats again so bad 🤣. My kids used to sit and cuddle the babies for hours. Here's old pics of a young goat named Jessica and my youngest. Not sure if Jessica thought she was human or Tami thought she was a goat, but those two were inseparable.View attachment 3492566View attachment 3492567
Well, with my kids grown having baby goats wouldn't be the same anyway. Guess I don't want babies after all 😂
That is just so cute!!! I love it!!!! You can just enjoy my pics 😁😁

I believe my goat is in labor. I thought her water broke but I’m not 100% sure. It was a gush of liquid and not a stream. I know she has been contracting but I’m just not sure about the water thing. This is how she has been standing almost all day. But then she will be walking and just stop dead in her tracks and not move and her tail will be up in the air.

Attachments

• B0DA8016-8245-4E05-BBDC-5B1FF454B3BF.jpeg
    B0DA8016-8245-4E05-BBDC-5B1FF454B3BF.jpeg
    733.1 KB · Views: 1
I did a little bit of work to my coop-run project. I cut an angled strip of OSB and used it to close the space between the bottom of the coop and the top of run's baseboard. Still need to decide how I'll close/secure the 2' wide gap between the back of the coop and my shop wall. I'm thinking it should be a solid OSB wall up to about 5', then HWC to the ceiling. That narrow gap between the shop and coop is kind of a hidey hole, and predators might feel safe enough there to work long and hard to break into the run.

Also gave the chicks their daily dose of fresh greens. They certainly love to eat their weeds!

That is just so cute!!! I love it!!!! You can just enjoy my pics 😁😁

I believe my goat is in labor. I thought her water broke but I’m not 100% sure. It was a gush of liquid and not a stream. I know she has been contracting but I’m just not sure about the water thing. This is how she has been standing almost all day. But then she will be walking and just stop dead in her tracks and not move and her tail will be up in the air.
Awe...how is she now? Any babies!?

My other daughter just had hers in a whirlwind of less than 24 hours and ALL naturale!!! I told my other daughter that just had her girl 3 weeks ago that we'll never hear the end of it - she had hers all natural! Lolol
Both mom n baby girl r doing well and waiting on the blood test to come.back on baby cuz daughter did have the GBS and wasn't at hospital in time for them to get the antibiotics in her before baby was born.
So please pray she is negative and no ill effects!
I just got home from seeing her and she already looks totally different from her 1:15pm pic lol!

Attachments

• IMG_6453.jpg
    IMG_6453.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 1
Chickies got their first real look at the outside world yesterday evening. They will get to put actual feet on the ground this weekend when the roof is finished on the run.
(5 week old Townline chicks) View attachment 3492772
They look so curious about that pretty green stuff all over 😂❤️❤️❤️
I did a little bit of work to my coop-run project. I cut an angled strip of OSB and used it to close the space between the bottom of the coop and the top of run's baseboard. Still need to decide how I'll close/secure the 2' wide gap between the back of the coop and my shop wall. I'm thinking it should be a solid OSB wall up to about 5', then HWC to the ceiling. That narrow gap between the shop and coop is kind of a hidey hole, and predators might feel safe enough there to work long and hard to break into the run.

Also gave the chicks their daily dose of fresh greens. They certainly love to eat their weeds!
Good thinking on that wall area. Amazing how much greens they can eat isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom