What did you do with your flock today?

Today I completed some new nest boxes for the ladies, and not a moment too late. I found 5 blue eggs hidden in the loose hay on the floor of the barn. Not sure how long a couple of them had been there, but my 3 Azurs have been laying eggs in this loose hay and I normally find those three eggs.

4 of them…
E12C9B33-9AAB-419F-9205-79C9729DD86A.jpeg

Now I have a few new nest boxes for them to try out, and they sure were interested.

Twister inspecting my handy work…
9EB3E0E1-7386-4F81-9B80-7D5FD1C6CF1B.jpeg

Today I completed some new nest boxes for the ladies, and not a moment too late. I found 5 blue eggs hidden in the loose hay on the floor of the barn. Not sure how long a couple of them had been there, but my 3 Azurs have been laying eggs in this loose hay and I normally find those three eggs.

4 of them…
View attachment 3657541

Now I have a few new nest boxes for them to try out, and they sure were interested.

Twister inspecting my handy work…
View attachment 3657542
I should point out that I have 8 other nest boxes and two small animal crates were they can lay eggs…… 😆

I didn't close the layers up until after dark. They never give me a problem. My only worry is for the extra roos that roost on top of the hoop houses with no protection from weather. It's not that bad in the winter here unless it is cold and raining. A couple more weeks and they will have a Gentleman's Club of their own.

I have a Delaware hen that I got in the spring she is laying now but she is a major SPAZ shes back and forth up and down squawk squawk squawk until she finally finds a spot Im wondering if anybody else notices this about Delaware hens or I just have a psycho chicken
Some of mine are like that - my silkies are so noisy! The Azurs also super noisy. And some are really quiet not a peep. I don’t think it’s a breed thing, more an individual thing.

I have a Delaware hen that I got in the spring she is laying now but she is a major SPAZ shes back and forth up and down squawk squawk squawk until she finally finds a spot Im wondering if anybody else notices this about Delaware hens or I just have a psycho chicken
No I don't have a Delaware hen like that. I have about 38 of them. They really go psycho if a stranger even gets close to their coop. They don't like my daughter bringing their feed or filling their water fountain.

Last edited:
No I don't have a Delaware hen like that. I have about 38 of them. They really go psycho if a stranger even gets close to their coop. They don't like my daughter bringing their feed for filling their water fountain.
Meanwhile I must have free-loaders, if anyone comes near they rush to the fence looking for treats and any leftovers that may be coming their way.

My mums friend is terrified of chickens and birds, just imagine having 20 little velociraptors rushing to this person one day when they were out in the lawn in front of the barn 😆 the ensuing running of preen and chickens was so Laural and Hardy-esk 😳😁

Back
Top Bottom